Subject: The theme might be a nightmare, the game certainly isn't rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed this game on KS, completely forgot about it, received it and then didn't play it for several months until this weekend.

This is a very light Take That kind of game where players race towards creating 5 nightmarish creatures, all the while stifling the opponents progress.

Gameplay is quick and simple, you draw cards, discard cards and play cards. Monsters are created by linking 3 body parts and when you finish a monster the abilities of each body part (should there be any) are activated. These abilities are one time uses which allow you to draw new cards, destroy other people's monsters, steal their body parts etc...

The game is taught in 5 minutes and can take anywhere between 10 to 30 minutes.

The Take That elements are very rough at times, you can have nearly 5 monsters one round, only to have almost nothing left the next one. This game is very swingy and does have a fair bit of luck.

It reminded me of UNO in that way, you need to get the cards to be able to mitigate the luck.

I played this game with some friends and later with some pupils in school, both times everyone enjoyed themselves. The artwork is nice and the iconography very clear.

All in all a good game .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When is this available for non backers?

Thanks for your review

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.