Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
During Gama trade show in Las Vegas 2017 the CEO of White wizard games announced our following Kickstarter campaign for the Sorcerer a strategy card game. There were several threads across the BGG where gamers asked about the details regarding the game. This thread was created for you to get in contact directly with the lead designer. I will be as much accessible for you as i can. So dont hesitate to ask, i will try to answer your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I know the theme is "dark victorian" but have you gone for "sexual/sexy" artwork on the cards? This is a turnoff for me & most of my group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hi greylag. Well we do not go for the nudity on any artworks. There are some beautiful vampires and wild nymphs, but without any 18+ content. It is presented as adult theme i mean dark and horror, but without any sexual content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
I know the theme is "dark victorian" but have you gone for "sexual/sexy" artwork on the cards? This is a turnoff for me & most of my group.

As of White Wizard Games Fair (last November), there was at least one card (a succubus, maybe) with a very revealing outfit (no nipples​ or genitalia, but everything else hanging out, if I recall).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Is the kickstarter starting soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
@Michael you can expect the campaign in next months. As Robert(Dougherty) noticed during the Dice tower and BGG interview, he can imagine that the backers will see their copies at the and of summer, beginning of autumn and December for the retail.

@ThinkthatsAll: Yes, the same remains, naked nymphs are important for the setting to present the wilderness and feral behavior of some species. But no nipples or genitalia. This rule will never change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does multiplayer work? Do you play in teams?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Kareem.. yes the one way how to play the multiplayer is team vs team or team vs team missions (your team has your own achievements while you want to stop your opponents to achieve their goals), then there is a co-op variant in which you and your friend are facing the nemesis AI in really challenging struggle. This mode is also work as a fantastic solitaire game experience. I played this co-op variant with Rahdo at last year essen spiel. He really liked the variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. B.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on the KS date? I've been keeping an eye out for any news, but haven't heard anything since the Dice Tower and BGG interview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hi D. B.

It will be a little double post just because the same question was asked in other thread outside the Sorcerer BGG entry..

At first take my apology for a late response. Rob (CEO) noticed in origins that it would be end of summer. We decided to run Star Realms campaign first. The fixed date for the Sorcerer Kickstarter will be announced pretty soon as we are working hard on the campaign page and already on many awesome stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I hope your coop/solo variant will be expanded to make this an official 1-4 players game with different AI opponents because i'm excited about that variant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Justice_Bolt wrote:
I hope your coop/solo variant will be expanded to make this an official 1-4 players game with different AI opponents because i'm excited about that variant!

Agreed.

On the art, I'm not usually a horror fan, but this stuff is very good. The one with the stained glass and glowing eyes is especially vibrant, as well as some of the stuff that seems to harken to Bosch, etc.

Will keep an eye on this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Matos
Portugal
flag msg tools
Hello Peter

I gotta say I love the look on this game!

As a solo only player I wish it would support solo play from the start but with that in mind and reading about the existence of a Coop Variant, I was wondering if this is a game that will eventually support solo play as a worthwhile buy to a player like me.
I really want to support and get it but I'm very unsure on the value I might get out of it as a solo player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
@Edgar: At first, thank you very much! We are intensively working on the solitaire /co-op viariant. We decided to playtest it more and our intention is to bring you an amazing storytelling experience with unique game mechanics.

We decided to leave it as further expansion which will not be a part of this kickstarter campaign, and not go with it before we will balance the co-op and solitaire experience on 100 percent like we did in competitive part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cryotech
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorcerer333 wrote:
@Edgar: At first, thank you very much! We are intensively working on the solitaire /co-op viariant. We decided to playtest it more and our intention is to bring you an amazing storytelling experience with unique game mechanics.

We decided to leave it as further expansion which will not be a part of this kickstarter campaign, and not go with it before we will balance the co-op and solitaire experience on 100 percent like we did in competitive part.

As a backer I just want to make sure I'm understanding what I thought was the case originally.

There will be or there won't be a solo/co-op variant/rules available with the current kickstarter campaign?

I backed it with the understanding there would be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Dear Cryotech. It wont be as part of this particular campaign. Please check our thread dedicated to this topic:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1879328/question-about-futu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Could you speak to the complexity/decision space of Sorcerer in regards to White Wizard Games' past offerings such as Star/Hero Realms and to other games that share some similarities (Smash Up, Draco Magi, Omen: Reign of War, Bloodbowl Team Manager, etc.)? Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperMike3288 wrote:
Could you speak to the complexity/decision space of Sorcerer in regards to White Wizard Games' past offerings such as Star/Hero Realms and to other games that share some similarities (Smash Up, Draco Magi, Omen: Reign of War, Bloodbowl Team Manager, etc.)? Thanks in advance!

I am not the designer, but I have played the game twice. It seems to have much more tactical depth and weight than Star Realms, Hero Realms, Smash Up, Epic, and Magic: the Gathering (I have not tried the other games you listed). It boils down to your actions. You get almost nothing for free in the game. Want to have cards in your hand? That's an action. What to have energy to play cards? That's several actions. Want to actually play a card? That is yet another action.

Unlike most card games, Sorcerer gives you unlimited resources, but fetching them and using them is painfully slow. The player who can play a tiny bit more efficiently (or can waste an opponent's resources) will win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.