David Thurling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I need some clarification on the following point

When activating a structure in one turn is the benefit of that structure available in subsequent turns (assuming i go to the corresponding sector on the main board in the subsequent turn and can afford the cost dictated by the previously activated structure card)

Or is the structure benefit a once off paid out as soon as the structure was activated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Kruis
Netherlands
Hoogeveen
Drenthe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can put an energy or worker on your structure, I think you can yes.
If the slots are already taken bij earlier energy or worker, you cannot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All Structures and board spaces are resolved immediately. You gain the benefit immediately, nothing "carries over" to subsequent turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what the OP is actually asking is if the structures that you purchase into your tableau ever somehow become "exhausted" and can no longer be used on subsequent (or even consecutive) turns when sending workers to the same corresponding sector (govt, industry, financial)

If so, the short answer is No they can always be reused again later; the buildings can always be activated as long as you visit the corresponding sector on your turn with a worker to trigger the card's abilities.

Edited for clarity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnnie Lieske
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A structure may only be activated a second time on another Worker Turn if it has an available "action plank." There are structures that have TWO action planks on them, so it is possible to activate that structure one turn and then a later turn.

Structures that have only 1 action plank can only be activated once until you go into a Generate Turn.

Remember, you can only activate a structure if at the beginning of that turn you placed a worker on a Location that corresponds to the structure: ie Government (green), Industry (brown), Commerce (yellow). You can activate multiple structures at this time as well as long as you have energy/workers to do so.

Page 8 of the rule book shows the different action plank types single, double and two single planks. The last one could be activated twice on a players "round" but not on a single turn.

Note: not to confuse things, but it appears there is a game effect that can remove a worker from a structure, in this case since the action plank is available you could activate that structure again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.