Popular Tags: [View All]
Masoud Tabatabaei
Luxembourg
Luxemborug
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This probably seems odd for most, but I wish they also put an option in their next KS for those who wants "less content". I would be very excited to see a version of the game in the normal square size box (e.g ticket to ride), with the enough content for a group of casual players, who just want , like 30-40 hours of play out of the box. A sort of starter kit for the game :).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seriously doubt that's ever going to happen. Isaac would essentially have to pretty much redesign the game and there's no reason for him to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince R.
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what you would cut either...characters? Most of the content, like map tiles, are semi-universal throughout the scenarios. The scenarios themselves are just a book, so cutting those doesn't really save anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masoud Tabatabaei
Luxembourg
Luxemborug
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, less number of tiles and characters, and just fewer scenarios that only uses those available tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drgoldblum
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Why not just buy the full game, leave at home most the content, and just bring what you need to your game group. There is no reason to give you less content, sure you may be a casual group playing but that's why you play it over the course of a year or two. It would suck to buy the starter kit because you "know" you didn't need more and then your group completes it and you would like to play more content but don't even have the option.

Not to mention the way the tiles are made and used universely if you did like 30 scenarios it would still probably require the same amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masoud Tabatabaei
Luxembourg
Luxemborug
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, honestly, the size of the box really frightens me :D, and also I just guess that price of the game will be higher than the first KS. So, I think I might not afford the game as it is (both space-wise, and price-wise), but a smaller version would be interesting. But you are right, I should either consider the game as it is, or just drop it.

TheBoomPanda wrote:
Why not just buy the full game, leave at home most the content, and just bring what you need to your game group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.