The Great Zimbabwe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Atete question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Siddharta Govindaraj
India
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a re-read of the cards and has a sudden doubt about Atete. The card says "May use each resource twice".

Does it mean that the resource must be available during the player's turn and then that player can use the resource once, and then once again?

Or does it mean that if another player has already used the resource earlier in the turn order and the player with Atete can use that resource even though it is covered up? (and of course twice if it was available to start with)

We've been playing with the second interpretation. But reading the card, it seems to suggest that the resource had to be available to start with. It doesn't say "can use depleted resource". The way we have been playing, Atete enables a person to just pass on bidding because they can never be cut off from any resource.

So I'm wondering which way is the right one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
siddhig wrote:
I had a re-read of the cards and has a sudden doubt about Atete. The card says "May use each resource twice".

[...]
Or does it mean that if another player has already used the resource earlier in the turn order and the player with Atete can use that resource even though it is covered up? (and of course twice if it was available to start with)

Yes, this.

rulebook wrote:
The player adoring Atete may use each resource a second time, i.e. he may place a second used marker on each resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
siddhig wrote:
The way we have been playing, Atete enables a person to just pass on bidding because they can never be cut off from any resource.

but going first (or earlier) you can use the resources too and block the others who might use the resources. if this stops them from bulding up a monument or two it is worth something in the turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siddharta Govindaraj
India
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdsplotter wrote:
siddhig wrote:

Yes, this.

Ah! Thanks for the clarification, it seems we were playing the right way after all meeple

HerrJork wrote:
but going first (or earlier) you can use the resources too and block the others who might use the resources.

That's right, but you probably don't need to do that every turn, just once or twice when it is needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.