Subject: Dar Hilzernod rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Welbaum
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
It seems obvious that Dar Hilzernod is not a great investment as a town razer unless you use the transport gem or really need to take out Riverwatch late in the game, but, do you think he is worth it as an investment in upgrading the final dungeon if he fortifies?

He is pricey at 20cp, but each turn in the keep, there is a 1/3 chance that each hero will lose 1 4hp. So, he costs 20cp, but gives a 33.3% chance that the hero party takes -4 each turn.

Also, his power doesn't come from a card, so it isn't put away for the final battle and it seems that the hp loss would still be active during the avatar fight.

So, the question though, is how many turns will the heroes be in the keep? If the keep takes 30 turns, his power should hit 10 times, meaning -40hp...does that translate into enough wounds for the Wyrm to make the investment worth it over taking eldrich to gold level as support, or picking up an extra armor or spawn trech?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
I disagree about the final battle. I think that is an oversight in the rules. I think all LT powers are treated equally; some just happened to be printed on a previously published card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Welbaum
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
I can see that. So setting that bit aside...worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.