Gears of War: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing tiles that would cut map off rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've played 4 (solo) games of this now and have had no problems with placing tiles but playing through for the 5th time, the situation has come up where the next map tile it wants me to place will have its exit against the edge of an already placed tile.

I guess this would be fine if it was the final tile of the level (its level 2 of belly of the beast, so no levels to explore at the end of this one) but after this I'll still have another tile to place, is there an official way of dealing with this?

I've decided to just draw the next card and see if it's playable. I imagine there are other combinations that come up (like a double tile needing to be on top of an already placed single tile)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From rules, page 23:
"Special Rule" In the rare circumstance that a map tile cannot be placed because a different map tile is in the way, players will need to repeat setup of this new level of the map. Simply remove the map tiles for this level and shuffle their location cards back into this level's deck. Finally, players attempt to set up this level again following the steps of exploring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tkelly wrote:
From rules, page 23:
"Special Rule" In the rare circumstance that a map tile cannot be placed because a different map tile is in the way, players will need to repeat setup of this new level of the map. Simply remove the map tiles for this level and shuffle their location cards back into this level's deck. Finally, players attempt to set up this level again following the steps of exploring.

Thanks, I missed that when trying to find a resolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Buch
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wonder if it can happen in the road blocks mission where you build the layout during exploration. It would not make in this level to rebuild it because you have COG's placed on rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.