Benoit Larose
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, the rule says that the inactive units are all IMMEDIATELY activated for Op Fire when a Banzai Charge Order is given. Does that mean they can fire before the charging units start spending MPs? I guess not but why saying IMMEDIATELY?

Thanks
B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoitl33 wrote:
Hi, the rule says that the inactive units are all IMMEDIATELY activated for Op Fire when a Banzai Charge Order is given. Does that mean they can fire before the charging units start spending MPs? I guess not but why saying IMMEDIATELY?

Thanks
B

It does not change how Op Fire works, i.e., they CANNOT shoot before units begin moving.

The "immediately" is simply requiring the Allied player to note which units will be activated. Since not all Allied units have to be activated for Op Fire, doing so immediately helps the Japanese player know which units are going to be potentially dangerous. It's also emphasizing the point that a Fire Action does not need to be played by the Allied player in order to activate units for Op Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Larose
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense! Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Galio
msg tools
so wouldn't the allied player activate ALL units to fire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tjay70 wrote:
so wouldn't the allied player activate ALL units to fire?

There could be situations where you want to reserve some units just in case some event occurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Galio
msg tools
such as.....?? I can't imagine a situation arising that would be affected by which units activated for op fire..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Galli
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
The 4th Hussars Do Not Ride Donkeys!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mifune!

If the Japanese Hero is in play I would not activate a couple units. With Boxed 4 FP he is kinda scary and can be activated multiple times. So if you activate everyone to respond to the Banzai Charge, then there is nobody to stop the Cuisinart!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe if you have some rear-guard units out of LOS and far away from any current Japanese units, so aren't threatened and can't participate anyway. Then if a walking wounded or other such rare event occurs and the unit is moved, they're still available to be activated for op fire.

I haven't played CC in a while so this is somewhat theoretical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Galio
msg tools
lol.. ok maybe to be paranoid and try to stop the "Cuisinart", but I would still activate 'em all!
Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
tjay70 wrote:
lol.. ok maybe to be paranoid and try to stop the "Cuisinart", but I would still activate 'em all!
Thanks all!

Commanders who have a plan that doesn't account for conditions in the battle are going to lose and get men killed. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.