Hide
3 Posts

Happy Pigs» Forums » Rules

Subject: Selling pigs action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim drake
msg tools
We played this game yesterday for the first time and we were wondering what's the point of selling pigs action (apart of gaining quick money) if you can sell them all at the end of the game? We were thinking for a house rule that if you sell pigs at the end of the game you will get half of the money of the pigs sold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To generate cash,
Have free room again on your plots.

There are also seasonal events that affect the market prices of pigs.
It is pretty cheap to grow a pig, but room gets precious since plots will become more amd more expensive and they only score in case of a tiebreakers.

Since at the end of the final round everybody sells their vaccinated pigs at marketprice ( the others died during season change) and the player with the most money wins.
In case of a tie you sell everything else at marketprice.
I believe this is different with the first edition were you sold all vaccinated pigs, plots and tokens ( I am not sure but we certainly played it that way)

The problem with spending money on plots is that they don't generate cash. The pigs do. So it is better to spend money on things that generate cash.
Having said that You need at least one extra plot during the game and I have had 3 in most of my games.
The room gives you options.

Don't forget to remove the pigs that are not vaccinated at the end of a season!
This is something that I have seen played wrong.

No need to houserule because the scoring is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr boardgamevirus wrote:
We played this game yesterday for the first time and we were wondering what's the point of selling pigs action (apart of gaining quick money) if you can sell them all at the end of the game? We were thinking for a house rule that if you sell pigs at the end of the game you will get half of the money of the pigs sold.

I think your house rule will break the game and make the sell action completely irrelevant. You'll end up over-selecting the remaining 3 actions amongst the group.

Agreed with everything Kris just said. It sounds like you're playing something incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.