Subject: retire character what happens to Enhancement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Stuible
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens to my enhancements on the ability cards when I retire my character?
Do they stay for the next person who want to play that char at lvl 1 or do I have to pull the stickers of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They stay for all future characters of that class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Coppel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pg 46 of the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stuible
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool but the new char has the same restricton of how many enhanced ability cards they can have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sar Athas
msg tools
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Also on pg 46 of the rulebook: The number of enhanced ability cards is restricted by (and only by) the prosperity level of Gloomhaven Town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarathas wrote:
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Also on pg 46 of the rulebook: The number of enhanced ability cards is restricted by (and only by) the prosperity level of Gloomhaven Town.

I think the restriction applies your deck and not your pool (meaning, that its possible to have more cards enhanced than you can use at one time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
no it applies to your pool of cards. so prosperity 4 means you can enhance 4 different cards no more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Dominek

Pennsylvania
msg tools
So, what happens if my party has an enhance limit of 4. We enhance the brute and the cragheart, two each. Then the cragheart retires, and we grab a tinkerer. We now have two enhancements avail, so we enhance two tinkerer cards. Now, our third player retires and wants to pick the cragheart class. Is he not allowed to choose that class, or, do the enhanced cards from that class not get added to the pool, or nothing happens but we can only choose up to 4 enhanced cards from the pool to be included in active player decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
fdominek wrote:
So, what happens if my party has an enhance limit of 4. We enhance the brute and the cragheart, two each. Then the cragheart retires, and we grab a tinkerer. We now have two enhancements avail, so we enhance two tinkerer cards. Now, our third player retires and wants to pick the cragheart class. Is he not allowed to choose that class, or, do the enhanced cards from that class not get added to the pool, or nothing happens but we can only choose up to 4 enhanced cards from the pool to be included in active player decks?

The limit is per character, not per party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The enhancement limit is the town prosperity, and it's handled per character, so if you're at Prosperity 4, each character class can hold up to 4 enhancements enhanced cards.

If you retire a character with the maximum number of enhancements enhanced cards on that class and then start a new character in that class (without increasing prosperity), you cannot add any enhancements that would increase the number of enhanced cards (until you increase Prosperity). You're allowed to choose the class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mullen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fdominek wrote:

The limit is the number of enhanced cards in a single classes deck. So at an enhance limit of 4, the brute and cragheart could have each taken 4 enhancements. The new tinkerer could have taken 4. And the new cragheart can happily use his 4 enhancements in his deck as he pleases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
The enhancement limit is the town prosperity, and it's handled per character, so if you're at Prosperity 4, each character class can hold up to 4 enhancements.

If you retire a character with the maximum number of enhancements on that class and then start a new character in that class (without increasing prosperity), you cannot add any more enhancements to those class cards (until you increase Prosperity). You're allowed to choose the class.

I could be wrong here. But I think having prosperity of 4 limits you to 4 enhanced cards per character but not 4 enhancements. You could enhance the top and bottom actions on the same card as this doesn’t increase the number of enhanced cards but does increase the number of enhancements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, updated my original post.

For reference:
Gloomhaven Rule Book, Page 46, Enhancing Ability Cards wrote:
The total number of enhanced cards in a class’s ability deck must be equal to or less than the prosperity level of the town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Dominek

Pennsylvania
msg tools
Thanks everyone! I just missed that the limit was per class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.