Subject: Building and Events in German :-( rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Terrell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the following version...

Orléans ‐ dlp games German/English edition (2016)
Publisher: dlp games
Artist: Klemens Franz
Languages: English, German
Product Code: 216-2016-5
Size: 12.48 x 8.90 x 2.87 inches or 31.7 x 22.6 x 7.3 cm
Weight: 4.41 lbs or 2.0 kg

Unfortunately the Building and Events are in German.
Which version do I need for Buildings and Events in English?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tasty Minstrel Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the french language version; the english rules are avail;able online and really the game itself is almost language independent - once you learn what a place/event does, the iconography reminds you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it a big problem? All the text is just flavour text, it doesn't tell you what the events/buildings do in any way (that's all outlined in the English part of the rulebook, and usually mostly covered by iconography on the tiles).

As others have said though, the TMG edition is the English-only version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Terrell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't sit well with my OCD!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also bought the DLP version of everything Orleans so I too live with the German titles on the Place tiles and Event tiles.

While that doesn't bother me much, after buying all the place tile mini expansions (Neue Ortskarten No# Expansions), things get even more complicated as these new tiles have German/English/French titles - Ack!. After a while you have so many tiles and searching for the rules of each tile (if the iconography wasn't good enough for you) becomes a chore as you have multiple sources and the titles don't always make sense. I made a List (with pictures) of all the place tiles with both English and German titles to make it easier to find everything. Check it out here: Orléans Place Tiles Omnibus

This might help the transition to understanding each tile easier and get you past the German titles on some of the tiles. Either way, the game is awesome and soon you won't even notice the different languages. In the end, as mentioned previously, the titles are only titles and don't affect game play at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Terrell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaiyoot wrote:
I also bought the DLP version of everything Orleans so I too live with the German titles on the Place tiles and Event tiles.

While that doesn't bother me much, after buying all the place tile mini expansions (Neue Ortskarten No# Expansions), things get even more complicated as these new tiles have German/English/French titles - Ack!. After a while you have so many tiles and searching for the rules of each tile (if the iconography wasn't good enough for you) becomes a chore as you have multiple sources and the titles don't always make sense. I made a List (with pictures) of all the place tiles with both English and German titles to make it easier to find everything. Check it out here: Orléans Place Tiles Omnibus

This might help the transition to understanding each tile easier and get you past the German titles on some of the tiles. Either way, the game is awesome and soon you won't even notice the different languages. In the end, as mentioned previously, the titles are only titles and don't affect game play at all.

Thank you. What a fantastic community this is. I'm sure I'll get over it (eventually), just hope it doesn't put me off whist trying to learn the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just learn German and your OCD tendencies will be spared... :p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.