Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Blanco
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? (James 2:15-16)
mbmbmbmbmb
On your turn, you **may** move each of your spacecraft(F, G), perform OPERATIONS (H), and perform FREE ACTIONS (D1)
Colonization Rulebook, pg 7, col 1. Emphasis on "may", mine.

The rulebook says I "may" move a rocket. The following scenario gave me pause, however...

Consider if the next space my rocket is going to move to is an aerobrake point. If I don't want to take the risk of navigating it on my own (rolling the die), but I don't have enough WT to pay for "Failure is not an option!", can I simply take income for the next two turns and then pay for FinaO! and move into the aerobrake space when I can afford it?

I suppose when playing competitively with others, the time delay is the penalty, but the question did come up when my wife and I were playing very casually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
totally correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. The logic here is that the board is not a representation of physical distances and trajectories, but instead one of energy levels.

It doesn't cost anything to stay in the "same place"... since staying "stationary" is actually remaining in an orbit, albeit perhaps quite an eccentric one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mb
Oh yeah.

But the PRC will swipe down, replace your chip with theirs and build a factory before you get your 4 WTs.

FINAO is for the weak!*

*my tongue is so far in my cheek Gene Simmons is worried about me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that you are required to keep moving your rocket if you enter a landing burn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rbelikov wrote:
I believe that you are required to keep moving your rocket if you enter a landing burn.

Yes, and you can't stop on an aerobrake space either (EDIT: Sorry, idiot) - both ultimately represent suborbital trajectories, so "stopping moving" there wouldn't be terribly healthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K H
msg tools
Domfluff wrote:
rbelikov wrote:

Yes, and you can't stop on an aerobrake space either - both ultimately represent suborbital trajectories, so "stopping moving" there wouldn't be terribly healthy.

Wait, how does the Atmospheric Scooping Op work then?

rulebook PDF wrote:

scooping must be performed in the same turn after the rocket or Bernal carrying the scoop has spent its entire move on any AEROBRAKE HAZARD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.