United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I like big boxes and I can not lie.
badge
Rochester, NY - Willing to Play!
mbmbmbmbmb
We just bought Vinhos Deluxe and I'm taking a look at the rulebook while we wait for it to deliver, and I notice that for smaller player counts, you cover up 1 or more of the regions. How do the islands get integrated?

Do you just add them both in so there are now 2 more regions that normal and still cover up the same amount?

Or do you cover up 2 more than usual so the total region number available remains the same as it would be in the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition, Mercato
mbmbmbmbmb
DaGannondorf wrote:
Or do you cover up 2 more than usual so the total region number available remains the same as it would be in the base game?

This is the right answer.

But you don't have to add both Islands in the same game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaGannondorf wrote:
We just bought Vinhos Deluxe and I'm taking a look at the rulebook while we wait for it to deliver, and I notice that for smaller player counts, you cover up 1 or more of the regions. How do the islands get integrated?

Do you just add them both in so there are now 2 more regions that normal and still cover up the same amount?

Vital answered it well but I wanted to add if you ever forget there is a nice reminder on the lower left hand corner of the board saying how many islands to use based on player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.