Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question regarding damage bonus (core set scenario 1 spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Müller
msg tools
mb
Hey all,

yesterday I played my first game of Arkham with my girlfriend. After we defeated the Ghoul priest we were wondering if we did everything correct as it was somewhat easy. Maybe you can check:

As we being 2 investigators he had 10 life. The first life he lost in the turn he appeared when he attacked me(Roland) and I assigned damage to my dog and so he suffered one.

In the next round we killed him during my turn as I attacked him three times with Roland's gun for one extra damage and my GF was controlling Lita(we were at the same location) and so my damage per attack looked like three to us.

Is this assumption correct? Does bonusses stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first scenario is pretty easy. It ramps up rather quickly in the core since the entire campaign is only three scenarios and the first scenario is meant to be a teaching game for new players on the core mechanisms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jawe wrote:
Is this assumption correct? Does bonusses stack?

Seems right to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first Scenario is the easiest, but having Roland's .38 in hand with three ammo still left is also a significant advantage that won't happen every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
The first Scenario is the easiest, but having Roland's .38 in hand with three ammo still left is also a significant advantage that won't happen every time.

Wait!? You don't get to "hand pick" your opening hand?

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly sounds good. The only thing I question is how your GF already had control of Lita. It's certainly possible -- with the Priest engaged with you, she moves to the parlor (1), parleys (2), and comes back with her (3). But that's the only thing that stands out. Lita being present with Roland's .38 is definitely a powerful combination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSerpent wrote:
Mostly sounds good. The only thing I question is how your GF already had control of Lita. It's certainly possible -- with the Priest engaged with you, she moves to the parlor (1), parleys (2), and comes back with her (3). But that's the only thing that stands out. Lita being present with Roland's .38 is definitely a powerful combination.

That's the way we did it in our last runthrough of scenario 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.