Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase Tumblin-Dice, and I see on the EGG website that they are offering the new 2017 version ($75) and the old Ferti version ($120).

Now that the 2017 version has been out in the wild for a bit, I was looking for any recommendation and/or pros and cons for one version or the other. Is there any reason I should look at getting the Ferti version (and paying an extra $45)? Any advantages to it? How do people feel about the "straight" bottom platforms vs the "angled" bottom platforms. Can anyone comment on the quality on the 2017 version (is the quality on the Ferti any better...i.e. the reason for the price difference?)

Any help or suggestions that folks can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the ferti board is solid wood. The 2017 edition is solid, and while i don't own the ferti version I received the original KS version of EGG trying it, and it was poorly produced. The new 2017 version is soooo much better.

I've not had time to use it yet.

The main reason 2017 version may be better is it's much easier to store. Sleeker box, you can take it apart and store it easier. It does only come with 4 sets of dice, which isn't enough IMO. I've gotten some dice from Tenzi copies I've found at thrift stores, which has worked to expand my player count, though the dice are slightly larger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Perlmutter
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have experience with the EGG 2017 version and, while it is a little pricey for what you get, I have been loving it. Not sure how it will stand up over a period of time, though. The rules suggest you leave it set-up, which is not feasible for me, so I'm a little worried about wear and tear but so far so good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own a copy of the Ferti version and the older Nash version. The Ferti version is thicker plywood than what I have heard of the EGG version. The ops of each board have a light varnish for smoothness and some protection, but it can get dinged up. It is also larger than the EGG version but no where near as large as the Nash one (I mean from a box size, not a set-up size.

Note that you can get a copy of the Ferti version on Ebay right now for $89.99 shipped...note that I am not the one doing the selling, nore do I have any affiliation to the seller...just an FYI.

I have also heard that the new EGG version does not have the horrible warping that the last version had. However, I have no experience with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♪ I'll mourn over the marble steps ♬ Junkies of the world lay across the monuments ♫ I climb and blister on the mount ♪ Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out ♪ ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the insights, guys.
I'm also considering which version of the game I would prefer.

Diarmud wrote:
Note that you can get a copy of the Ferti version on Ebay right now for $89.99 shipped...note that I am not the one doing the selling, nore do I have any affiliation to the seller...just an FYI.

Thanks for the heads-up. In addition to the price and opportunity, there are ten copies available from that seller.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...gphYAAOSw5cNYm50R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome...thanks for the responses everyone. I would have been all over the EGG version, but then you had to go and show me the $89.99 price for the Ferti...so it's not as easy a choice now

Thanks again for all the good info, I really appreciate it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.