Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Buying Advice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark R
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know there are lots of threads on this, but thought I would just see what you guys thought to my choices!

I'm planning to play as the Rebels/Resistance combined, so was thinking:

1 x Force Awakens Core
1 x Original Core
1 x Heroes of the Resistance

Does that sound like a good combination? Any useful cards that I should have from other expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Those are the first 3 purchases I made. Maybe also add Imperial Veterans or something like TIE Advance so you have a couple more options on the Imperial side. Just to be clear, one person plays only one faction, either Rebel, Imperial or Scum.

Good luck to you and your wallet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Olson
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can, you might want to buy the crew card Kanan Jarrus. He goes very well with the Heroes Millennium Falcon title. Other than that, it depends on how competitive you want your lists to be vs. wanting to fly casual. I would also pick up a U-wing as it has a lot of great cards, rebel crew, and fits in nicely a lot of places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
Abandon all hope that you will remain a rational consumer of this game.

I wanted Jek Porkins but did not want the transport, so I sold all the transport stuff on BGG. This is about a year ago. My new transport showed up just yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing casually, the Rebel Aces pack is a good one, letting you try out a couple of different ships.

As it stands, you're got three X-Wing variants and the Falcon; you've got a decent array of different pilot and upgrade combinations, but very little ship variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark R
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for all the advice guys! Think I'll stick to the above and then see how it goes! As you all said, no doubt my wallet won't be loving me this year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.