Hide
5 Posts

Vikings Gone Wild» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attack physics and other questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rsdm moonhigngngng
msg tools
Hi! I can not understand how to properly attack / defend, and how not correctly. It is clear that you can attack only one player who was not attacked and how many attack points are required for a successful attack. Without examples in the rules there are many questions. Now when we play when attacking we throw all the attacking cards at once to the opponent, he defends himself. And that's all. Such cards as fenrir and mjolnir (come back in hand at a failure) we do not use in this round. I can give you some examples, but can you tell whether it is possible or not please.

I attack mine (1def) with my Viking (1atk) mine. The enemy puts a protection card (+ 2def) on the mine. Viking is repulsed, the defender gets 1 point. But I again attack this mine with a Viking (1atk) and an archer (2atk). Can the defender once again (other def card) throw a defense card on this building (+ 2def) and get a mine with 5 def and 2 more points for 2 murders before the end of the round? Is it right?

I can throw a Viking (1atk) with Mjolnir (+ 4atk) on Town Hall 1Lv (4def), the defender defends it to +2def, gets 1 point for a victory over one creature. But the Mjolnir returns to his hand and again attacks with an archer (2atk) + 4atk. There is nothing to defend, the building is destroyed, the attacker receives points for a successful attack and building bonus. The attacker can continue attacking other buildings one by one, if he has attack cards remaining. Correctly?

Still can not understand the mechanics of the wall builder(from guild wars). For example, the player in his turn bought 2 walls and put it on the mine. What happens if 1 Viking attacks the mine? 2 Vikings or 3 Vikings?
I think that if 1 Viking attacks, then the attack failed, the defender + 1VP.
If 2 vikings, then the walls is removed and can be put back in its turn.
If 3 vikings, it will be the same as with two, but if you first attack two, and then one, then it turns out that the latter will attack the mine.

In the game there is a unit - Wall Breaker(The Wall Breaker can either attack with a strength of 3 or destroy 2 walls) and why do you need its property, if it destroys 2 walls, or can it just attack (3atk), breaking 3 walls at once?

There is a mission - buy a building. I bought it and I did it. And there is a own Drakkar. It is completed when you already have a Drakkar / built (at the end of the round the markers are removed) or when you already have / just bought now?

There is a mission - upgrade the town hall (if already 3lvl, get 3VP instead of 2VP). If you got this mission, and you have a town hall 2lvl, then you need to upgrade it to 3lvl. I'll upgrade it to my turn, put a construction marker and complete mission + 2VP or wait for the end of the round?

thats all. lol a lot of text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
McDonough
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rsdm wrote:
I attack mine (1def) with my Viking (1atk) mine. The enemy puts a protection card (+ 2def) on the mine. Viking is repulsed, the defender gets 1 point. But I again attack this mine with a Viking (1atk) and an archer (2atk). Can the defender once again (other def card) throw a defense card on this building (+ 2def) and get a mine with 5 def and 2 more points for 2 murders before the end of the round? Is it right?

This looks right to me. Plus, we do not play that I have to play all my attack cards at once.

rsdm wrote:
I can throw a Viking (1atk) with Mjolnir (+ 4atk) on Town Hall 1Lv (4def), the defender defends it to +2def, gets 1 point for a victory over one creature. But the Mjolnir returns to his hand and again attacks with an archer (2atk) + 4atk. There is nothing to defend, the building is destroyed, the attacker receives points for a successful attack and building bonus. The attacker can continue attacking other buildings one by one, if he has attack cards remaining. Correctly?

This looks right to me.

rsdm wrote:
Still can not understand the mechanics of the wall builder(from guild wars).

Sorry, I do not have Guild Wars.

rsdm wrote:
There is a mission - buy a building. I bought it and I did it. And there is a own Drakkar. It is completed when you already have a Drakkar / built (at the end of the round the markers are removed) or when you already have / just bought now?

We played that both of these missions are completed right away. Whether it has a construction marker not, you still own it as soon as you buy it.

rsdm wrote:
There is a mission - upgrade the town hall (if already 3lvl, get 3VP instead of 2VP). If you got this mission, and you have a town hall 2lvl, then you need to upgrade it to 3lvl. I'll upgrade it to my turn, put a construction marker and complete mission + 2VP or wait for the end of the round?

Again, we played that the mission is complete right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rsdm wrote:
In the game there is a unit - Wall Breaker(The Wall Breaker can either attack with a strength of 3 or destroy 2 walls) and why do you need its property, if it destroys 2 walls, or can it just attack (3atk), breaking 3 walls at once?

I don't believe you can break up the attack of a unit. I think all 3atk would hit 1 wall in your scenario unless you used the ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rsdm moonhigngngng
msg tools
Still it is not clear the physics of the walls. In the rules it is written that if the wall is successfully attacked - it returns to the supply and the player in his turn can put it again(i think). But special cards like wall breakers do not return the walls to the supply, but destroy them forever. Help with this please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vergonjeanne
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rsdm wrote:
Still it is not clear the physics of the walls. In the rules it is written that if the wall is successfully attacked - it returns to the supply and the player in his turn can put it again(i think). But special cards like wall breakers do not return the walls to the supply, but destroy them forever. Help with this please.

Hi, let me clarify.
Destroyed or returned to the supply in this context means the same thing.

The idea of a wall is that, unless you have a flying unit, a ground unit must attack it first. A wall cannot be defended and is returned (destroyed) as soon as it is hit succesfully.

For exemple, you want to attack a town hall with with 1 wall on it.
You first use an archer (strength 2) to destroy the wall.
You can now attack with your Pigator the townhall during the same turn.

I hope this clarify things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.