Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to get that out there. 5-6 players would be awesome I wouldn't mind carrying two mint tins with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like more content
But it does not need more.

All the extra buildings, solo mode, and the scope of the game for rather well for the price point. I think making more content would spawn the "the base games costs XXX and the expansion costs 75% of that for 8 cards... That's too much"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
The game just came out. No expansion for a year or two. Then republish the game with the expansion in the new base game and as a separate expansion. I hate it when a new game comes out and shortly after comes the expensive expansion which could've been included in the base game. We're not ATMs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be great if there would be a way to combine Mint Works, Mint Delivery and Mint Control; once they are done being play tested and released of course, and any other games Justin designs as well. That way we could get a big game feel with lots of things to do, but all the actions would be simple and you could teach different parts of the combined game. I do love Mint Works the way it is, but if there was an expansion I'd like to see more solo AIs. Those are just genius.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe "need" was a bit overzealous. I was merely trying to say the game is perfect at what it does; I just would enjoy getting a larger group being able to play. I've been playing the heck out of the solo game and was able to play it with a group of four last Friday at happy hour. I already have plans tonight to bring it again and anticipate more people wanting to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delith Malistar
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
mbmbmbmbmb
crysknife wrote:
Maybe "need" was a bit overzealous. I was merely trying to say the game is perfect at what it does; I just would enjoy getting a larger group being able to play. I've been playing the heck out of the solo game and was able to play it with a group of four last Friday at happy hour. I already have plans tonight to bring it again and anticipate more people wanting to play.

Out of curiosity, when you played the 4 player game, did you run into the problem of not enough mints? If so, what did you do about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eames
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have shaded a few extra mints I ended up with light green and use them as 'Extra Strong Mints' worth 5 mints.... so far 4 of these has fixed that issue for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malistar22 wrote:
Out of curiosity, when you played the 4 player game, did you run into the problem of not enough mints? If so, what did you do about it?

We did not but the supply did get low.

BusterAtlass wrote:
I have shaded a few extra mints I ended up with light green and use them as 'Extra Strong Mints' worth 5 mints.... so far 4 of these has fixed that issue for me

This is a great idea. I think I will be modifying my set soon... though, this will affect the solo game against Rachel. I guess you can just ignore the colors at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eames
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was unlucky or maybe lucky in that my original set was missing 1 mint. I let Justin know as it was still in shrink when I received it so must have been a factory error and I didn't want any going out to stores like this. He very graciously sent me 5 replacement mints, all the way from the US to the UK, so I actually ended up with 34 rather than 30. Its these extra 4 mints I have changed. You could always drop in a few cubes or similar from elsewhere I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Carpenter
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
Maybe not an expansion but more mints would be a nice edition. Maybe special colored mints worth 5. I know I can easily color a few of the mints but it's just feels better for me knowing that in addition to the 30 single mints, there are 5 more special colored mints that are worth 5. The tin can fit a few more pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Vanhorick
Belgium
Nivelles
flag msg tools
mb
crysknife wrote:
Just wanted to get that out there. 5-6 players would be awesome I wouldn't mind carrying two mint tins with me.

I would also be very happy to have a 5-6 players version.
My group of players at work is growing and we thus have to play another game when we're 6.
When at 5, 1 is not playing alternatively .
Mint Works is really one of the best game I own and the only one suitable to play at work.
I play it nearly everyday since more than 1 year now (I begun with the PnP).
Thanks again Justin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.