Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the purposes of political consequences after a battle (and maybe other purposes), is the Roman tribal space in Acelum considered a Roman PC marker that can be "chained" off of to place its own PC markers?

The situation: Gallic player attacks Rome in middle Italy. Roman army defeats Gallic army, the latter suffering a 3-CU loss. Rome gets two political consequence "points." Patavium, adjacent to Acelum, is default controlled by Gaul and is unoccupied. May the Roman player replace the default PC marker in Patavium with a Roman PC marker according to 7.3.4?, third bullet, on the grounds that Patavium is controlled by Gaul and is free of Gallic CU, and the Roman player began the battle controlling (in some sense) Acelum?

I could be way off on that possibility. I thought I'd read it somewhere, but I'm not now finding it. If I am off, what's the value of Acelum to Rome?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Roman can chain off it.

As the Gallic player, I usually just garrison the nearby VP space with a CU. Far less OPS needed vs moving up and trying to subjugate the space. If you are about to attack Rome, might be worth covering up the VP space beforehand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a place in the 2.0 rulebook where the function of non-neutral tribal spaces is indicated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The space in question is technically a Home Space ( its outlined in Red , thus a Home Space as per 2.2 ) - the fact that its got a Tribal Marker is besides the point. So unless the Gauls take control, its a Roman home space, controlled by them...so if Rome wins a combat, 7.3.4 under the third bullet allows them replace a PC marker with one of their own since they started off controlling the adjacent space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.