Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no layer cake effect in OD, correct?

ABCDE all field hexes.

Hex E is at lower elevation than ABCD.

A unit in hex A has LOS to hex E, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct. It may seem counter-intuitive at first. The terrain in this vicinity is very gradual and hills are barely perceptible. And the slope hexsides on the map were placed to achieve the correct LOS between hexes rather than to denote the actual locations of elevation changes. In most cases, however, the two are one and the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Another way to think about it is that field will never ever ever block line of sight, UNLESS it is at higher elevation than BOTH attacker and defender.

By the way, Mark. I don't know if I ever told you, but I took a month vacation last August to this region in France. We rented a house near Bayeux. Indeed, the hills are subtle out there. The rivers are small, but each side is heavily overgrown with vegetation, and there is still lots and lots of bocage.

I read the rules while I was on vacation, and I couldn't wait to come back and play. It was fun to drive around imagining the battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.