Subject: No available knights to alocate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just read the rules (preparing for first play of Lancaster) and I have two questions regarding knights...

1. If all of my knights are alocated to lost conflict (preparing for second battle), could such situation ocur that I have no knights to alocate next round ?

2. If I lose my last knight in second battle (as a result of not paying the ransom), how can I get another knight ?

I'm sorry, maybe the questions are quite stupid, I just could not answer them after I read the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Bugger this. I want a better world.”
badge
"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible."
mbmbmb
Knights are super valuable, losing one is bad, let alone losing them all X) I've rarely seen anyone not pay the ransom, as it is easier than having to re-hire & re-upgrade the knight. It happens, but it's a bit of an edge case.

So while the idea of losing all your knights is, I suppose, possible on paper, it *really* should never happen in reality. If it does happen, you've lost the game, even if we give you a free knight back or something, there's no coming back from that for sure =)

So, with that in mind, your questions:

Quote:
If all of my knights are allocated to lost conflict (preparing for second battle), could such situation occur that I have no knights to alocate next round ?

Yes. I'm not entirely convinced a single valid scenario exists where it is worthwhile to inflict such a move upon yourself, but yes, it's a theoretical possibility. If that happens, you pass when your first opportunity to place a knight comes up.

And if that happened, I personally wouldn't to come to your rescue on that battle as it's a lot more fun (and strategically sound) to let you have to pay ransom for ALL your knights =)

Quote:
2. If I lose my last knight in second battle (as a result of not paying the ransom), how can I get another knight ?

I'm actually not sure! Maybe there's a provision that you can get a lvl 1 knight back for free? Either way, it really doesn't matter at this point: your game is done, you are not going to even come close to winning. I would really advise against putting yourself in that situation :D It's absolutely never happened in dozens of games I've played, many of which included first time players. So it's easily avoidable for sure. In fact, you probably have to go out of your way to make it happen.

But yeah, if it happens, I'm actually not sure if the player get a knight back, or simply waits until end of game to count his points X)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this only happens in the realms of "intentionally trying to play terribly"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
hanibalicious wrote:
Yeah, this only happens in the realms of "intentionally trying to play terribly"

I've seen it happen. It was not intentional but it surely was terrible play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.