Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I bought a game at B&N last night, go it home and opened it. After reading the rules, I am not interested in the game. I didn't punch any bits or open anything other than the shrink wrap. Does anyone know if B&N will accept a return on a board game with removed overwrap, or do they treat games like Movies and Music?

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I do recording, mixing, and mastering! Contact me if you're interested!
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always call and ask about the return policy (as it may have changed or exceptions can be made), but I believe opened board games are either not returnable or must be exchanged for an identical item.

Been a long time since I purchased a game from there though, so check with them first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
They mostly treat games like movies, once you unseal it they don't take it back unless something is wrong with it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garber
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
You could always return it for the same thing, and then provided they don't open it for you in the store, return it again later (since you now have an unopened one).

But also, start reading reviews/rules here before buying stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unifiedshoe wrote:
You could always return it for the same thing, and then provided they don't open it for you in the store, return it again later (since you now have an unopened one).

But also, start reading reviews/rules here before buying stuff.

I doubt that would work. The receipt would surely indicate that the exchange was done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can always use it as trade bait locally. Check around your local area's forums.

Also yes... start watching more video reviews to get a better idea of what a game will be like. Won't always translate to when you get it to the table, but it helps avoid issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.