7 Posts

Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » General

Subject: App not restoring purchases. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brother Leon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No contact details on app so posted here..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an email to the app developer, Peter Kossits.

Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure the app store account that you are currently using is the same one used to purchase the game.

o shut the game down
o log out of the app store
o log back in to the app store
o start the game
o navigate to the add-ons panel

Should work. On Apple you would have to initiate the restore by pushing a button. On Android it should happen automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Didn't work. This was after a refresh of my iPad mini.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel bad that you haven't been able to restore your purchases...

I did a little reading tonight to see if there was another way to do it without using the Restore Purchases button in the Add-Ons panel, and there is!

But it's a bit risky. The upside is, it will give you more information about problems you might be having.

Rather than pressing Restore Purchases, simply click on the Buy Add-On button for one of the expansions. Use expansion 2 or 3 rather than expansion 1 because that one is more expensive. When it asks you if you want to buy it and shows you the price, click on OK/Yes.

If you did already purchase it you will see this message

saying that you already purchased it and asking you if you want to reobtain it for free. If you see this message, then the Restore Purchases button should also work without any error.

If you did NOT already purchase it OR if you purchased it under a different account (maybe wife or child borrowed your device or you have multiple app store accounts), you'll probably get charged.

Yes, there's a danger of buying one of the expansions twice this way but at least it gives a clue as to why the Restore Purchases button might not be doing anything. If you don't see the message in my image, then you either did not buy the expansion or you purchased it while logged in under a different account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Peter, I really appreciate your time and commitment so tried your suggestion but didn't get the message. But hey I just went ahead and purchased again. Keep up the good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really weird. If it's not too late and you still have the receipts from the initial purchases, it might be worth getting in touch with Apple via that link I passed you in GeekMail - looks like they may have lost the records of your initial purchases. Sorry you paid twice for some of those. Should never be necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.