Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So with news of another Spider-Man small box, it is unlikely that we will ever see a Spidey big box... But in the words of Marvel, What If?...

Title: Spider-Man Maximum Clonage

Heroes:
1) Iron-Spider
2) Cosmic Spider
3) Ben Reilly (Spider-Man)
4) Assassin Spider-Man
5) Spider-Man 2099
6) Mayday Parker
7) Ultimate Spider-Woman
8) Julia Carpenter (Spider-Woman-Commons/Arachne-Uncommons/Madame Webb-Rare)
9) Araña
10) Black Widow - Jessica Drew
11) Superior Spider-Man
12) Pavitr Prabhakar
13) Spider-Ham
14) Spider-UK
15) Lady Spider
16) Spider-Cyborg
Bonus) The Spider
Bonus 2) Peter Parquagh
Bonus 3) Prowler

Masterminds:
Jackal (Leads - Clones)
Beetle (Leads - Sinister Syndicate)
Doctor Octopus (Leads - Secret Sinister Six)
Shriek (Leads - The Family)
Solus (Leads - The Inheritors)

Villain Groups:

Clones (Ben Reilly (Scarlet Spider)[Recruitable], Kaine[Recruitable], Carrion, Spidercide, Jack, The Guardian)
Sin Syn (Boomerang, Shocker, Hydro-Man, Rhino, Speed Demon, Hardshell)
Secret Sin6(SCORPION, Mysterio, Electro, Ana Kravinoff, The Rhino, The Beetle)
The Family (Carnage, Doppelganger, Carrion-Malcom McBride, Demogoblin)
The Inheritors (Morlun, Daemos, Bora, Brix, Verna, Jennix, Karn[Recruitable])

Henchmen:

Verna's Hounds
The Wrecking Crew (or Enforcers but they made an appearance in Noir)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What!?!? No Spider-Monkey? Throw it in the trash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd save him for an Ape-Verse big box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mitchell
Australia
flag msg tools
Kaine

Whiny 90s cartoon Spider-Man

Cheesy 1960s animated Spider-Man

Uncle Ben Bystander
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xangcris wrote:
Kaine

Uncle Ben Bystander

80s Spiderman & His Amazing Friends Spiderman???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't tease me, Jonesy! Spider-Man big box? My little heart just couldn't take it.

I love your choices, but to add a little variety, what about the following additions:
Prowler (Spider-Friends)
Mockingbird (SHIELD)
Silver Sable (no affiliation)

We NEED a Superior Spider-Man hero, and a Doctor Octopus Mastermind. But, since Octavius was such a jerk in Spider-Verse, what about a Superior Spider-Man Mastermind? Leading the Superior Spider-Squad (Spider-Man Noir, Wasteland Spider-Girl, Cyborg Spider-Man, Spider-Monkey)?

Damn it, now I really want this!

EDIT: I missed that you added Prowler. Good addition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Halstead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Where did you hear news of a second Spider-man small box? I can't find anything on that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djhalstead wrote:
Where did you hear news of a second Spider-man small box? I can't find anything on that?

It's in the Any news from GAMA? thread....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made the post with you in mind Tyrell. Spidey is my favorite hero as well but I don't advocate for him enough.

I had contemplated adding Silver Sable but I'm holding out hope for a wild pack small box.

If you move Superior Spider-Man and the team you mentioned to the villain side of things (all recruitable) that frees up two of the spots I had already used (Superior and Cyborg). Means Prowler and Silver Sable could be added.

What if the new box would implement a new mechanic. Similar to recruitable, fighting certain Mastermind tactics would insert them into the Hero deck. Wouldn't be as immediate as recruitable villains but would simulate some masterminds occasionally joining the fray. The tactics would be similar to a rare card showing only one. This could help mitigate some of the hate against heroes as villains.

I recently saw a panel from a comic where Peter is at a public event for Parker Industries and Spider-Man shows up. It's Hobie Brown in the costume. I would love to see him in the costume on one of his cards. Similar to the way most of the Deadpool cards show them in Deadpool costume.

Edit: Imagine the diversity coming from this set. Women. Monkeys. Indian hero. British heroes. Black heroes. It's not the male heavy sets we've had in the past (looking at Noir)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jjones2013 wrote:
I had contemplated adding Silver Sable but I'm holding out hope for a wild pack small box.

I would love something like this because Silver Sable is such a cool character (who has, apparently, gone into the Witness Protection Program for the past 20 years or so). However, to expect an expansion like that is just setting yourself up for a lifetime of disappointment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thud105 wrote:
jjones2013 wrote:

I would love something like this because Silver Sable is such a cool character (who has, apparently, gone into the Witness Protection Program for the past 20 years or so).

How do you mean? She had a huge part in Ends of the Earth (no spoilers) and just came back in a big way the last couple months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mitchell
Australia
flag msg tools
BobSpoons wrote:
xangcris wrote:
Kaine

Uncle Ben Bystander

You mean Bumblebee Spider-Man? But is he as iconic as the other two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Noir small box. A Fear Itself small box. Anything is possible. Why not Wild Pack. Probably get it right after Alpha Flight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Thud105 wrote:
I would love something like this because Silver Sable is such a cool character (who has, apparently, gone into the Witness Protection Program for the past 20 years or so).

How do you mean? She had a huge part in Ends of the Earth (no spoilers) and just came back in a big way the last couple months.

Interesting, it appears I stand corrected! I have to admit though, I don't know that story line. What title(s) has she made the big comeback in? I'd love to check those out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She came back either in Amazing or the actual Clone Conspiracy mini-series. Haven't been reading it, but that's what they say!

Ends of the Earth is worth a read, I'd say. People seem to think it's the least of Slott's big event stories, but I liked it more than most. Spider-Man leading the Avengers as Doc Ock and the Sinister Six try to take over the world! It doesn't get more COMICS than that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xangcris wrote:
BobSpoons wrote:
xangcris wrote:
Kaine

Uncle Ben Bystander

You mean Bumblebee Spider-Man? But is he as iconic as the other two?

Yeah not only is he Bumblebee, but also what a series. Iceman at his side voiced by the legendary Frank Welker (see what I did there..) and Firestar was hot

Iconic!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Thud105 wrote:

Interesting, it appears I stand corrected! I have to admit though, I don't know that story line. What title(s) has she made the big comeback in? I'd love to check those out!

She just appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #25,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
trying to target Norman Osborn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
She came back either in Amazing or the actual Clone Conspiracy mini-series. Haven't been reading it, but that's what they say!

Ends of the Earth is worth a read, I'd say. People seem to think it's the least of Slott's big event stories, but I liked it more than most. Spider-Man leading the Avengers as Doc Ock and the Sinister Six try to take over the world! It doesn't get more COMICS than that!

It is the least of Slott's Spider-Events. That's relative, of course, so it was still awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jjones2013 wrote:
I made the post with you in mind Tyrell. Spidey is my favorite hero as well but I don't advocate for him enough.

If you move Superior Spider-Man and the team you mentioned to the villain side of things (all recruitable) that frees up two of the spots I had already used (Superior and Cyborg). Means Prowler and Silver Sable could be added.

What if the new box would implement a new mechanic. Similar to recruitable, fighting certain Mastermind tactics would insert them into the Hero deck. Wouldn't be as immediate as recruitable villains but would simulate some masterminds occasionally joining the fray. The tactics would be similar to a rare card showing only one. This could help mitigate some of the hate against heroes as villains.

I recently saw a panel from a comic where Peter is at a public event for Parker Industries and Spider-Man shows up. It's Hobie Brown in the costume. I would love to see him in the costume on one of his cards. Similar to the way most of the Deadpool cards show them in Deadpool costume.

Edit: Imagine the diversity coming from this set. Women. Monkeys. Indian hero. British heroes. Black heroes. It's not the male heavy sets we've had in the past (looking at Noir)

Awww, thanks, Josh! I still think there's room for both a Superior Spidey Hero and Mastermind. Of course, given recent events,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
the Superior Octopus
might be a great Mastermind as well! (Only click if you've read ASM #25!!!)

Love the idea of more diversity being introduced through a Spidey big box. At the very least, I'd want Amazing Spider-Man (Spidey in his current costume and tech), Web Warriors like Spider-UK, Spider-Woman (Mayday Parker), Madame Web (new or old), Spider-Man India, Spider-Man 2099, and then Prowler, Silver Sable, and even Mockingbird. That entire list is nearly, with a couple of exceptions, devoid of white males. Although I'd love to see Spider-Man 2099 saved for a 2099 small box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TyrellArcher wrote:
DiggetyDog46 wrote:

It is the least of Slott's Spider-Events. That's relative, of course, so it was still awesome.

I didn't care for Spider-Island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
xangcris wrote:
Uncle Ben Bystander

If you rescue this bystander, KO it immediately, then KO a 0-cost hero from your hand. Then choose any Spider-friends hero card from the HQ and gain that card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyrellArcher wrote:
Although I'd love to see Spider-Man 2099 saved for a 2099 small box!

Perfect. Pull out Miguel O'Hara and insert Mockingbird. Save O'Hara for a 2099 small box. Same could be done with Parquagh and 1602. Then I'd be happier.

Edit: 2099 small box being:
1. Spider-Man 2099
2. Moon Knight 2099
3. Ravage 2099
4. Cerebra
5. (Dare I say) Doom 2099 [Ghost Rider 2099 as fall back]

Another diverse box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spider-Man 2099 and Doom 2099 were the only 2099 titles worth reading, IMHO. The rest were junk. If they can't release Doom 2099, there's no point in doing a 2099 expansion, and they might as well release Spider-Man 2099 in some other expansion, if at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Comics wise maybe. But a Cerebra would give a B/C level X-Men character. Female at that. Moon Knigbt 2099 would give another Moon Knight. Also female. Ravage would be a unique character if I'm not mistaken. Spider-Man would give another Spidey as well as another hispanic character. While I agree Doom would be the ideal character, people would complain about "why are we getting Doom 2099 before a regular Doom". Even if Doom isn't usable, Ghost Rider would give us another Rider without giving us another Johnny blaze
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more recent 2099 material has introduced the Avengers 2099 and Deadpool 2099. Avengers has included a number of characters - a winged Hawkeye, an aged Hercules, a new Atlantean as Sub-Mariner - but the most interesting is Captain America 2099, a mild mannered woman who has no idea that she sometimes transforms into a super strong, super athletic hero. Captain America 2099 knows who she is, but her secret identity doesn't. Meanwhile, Deadpool 2009 is actually two people - Warda Wilson, daughter of Deadpool and Shiklah, and Ellie Preston, Deadpool's "good" daughter. They are at war over the title, complicated by the fact that Warda is trying to kill the original Deadpool and Ellie is reluctantly protecting him.

So I could see a 2099 set consisting of:
Spider-Man 2099
Captain America 2099
Deadpool 2099
Ghost Rider 2099
Ravage 2099

- Tyrell Archer 2099
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.