Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stumbling my way through a first solitaire playthrough of this very cool game, but I'm getting tripped up on this (seemingly) basic concept and I can't find a specific citation in the rules.

Can Allied forces move into adjacent Beach Head hexes from their corresponding Reserve areas before their relevant Invasion cards have been played? The FAQ says:

Quote:

Q: 8.32 - Can the Allies use regular movement from the
Great Britain or North Africa reserve boxes through an
adjacent beach head hex if that hex was never invaded?
How about if it was invaded, but later taken back by the
Axis?
A: No. No (assuming it lacks an Allied control
marker).

This is all well and good, but where is that specific rule / concept mentioned in the rulebook? I can't seem to find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: Can Allied forces move into adjacent Beach Head hexes from their corresponding Reserve areas before their relevant Invasion cards have been played?

Answer: no. That's why there are invasion events: to permit the movement. After play of the invasion, a Beach Head becomes active (per rule 6.56), and allows movement per rule 8.32. No active Beach Head, no movement.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Festung Europa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say that originally the invasion marker went into the Beach Head hex and not on the Turn Record Track, but we felt it was better to keep track of them on the latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.