Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

878: Vikings – Invasions of England» Forums » General

Subject: What's in the "Viking Age Expansion"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
Love the world.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The early bird pledge is $60, plus $10 shipping. I expect I'll be able to get 878 for under $50 when it hits retail.

The only advantage I see to pledging (other than helping to ensure it will be produced, which now seems certain) is to get the Expansion with the base game.

Does anyone have any idea what's in the expansion?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agustín A
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True,

For Latin America the Shipping is $60, ridiculus, soo, we need some good expansion xP
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the expansion is the stretch goals.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbes wrote:
The early bird pledge is $60, plus $10 shipping. I expect I'll be able to get 878 for under $50 when it hits retail.

The only advantage I see to pledging (other than helping to ensure it will be produced, which now seems certain) is to get the Expansion with the base game.

Does anyone have any idea what's in the expansion?


Hobbes, the expansion will include everything that's unlocked in the KS campaign. So if all goes well there will be a number of cards, counters, tiles that add options and complexity to the game. Required? No, great game as it is, but some will likely consider this an 'Advanced' version of the game. Hope this helps.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oskar Arnason
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcendo wrote:
True,

For Latin America the Shipping is $60, ridiculus, soo, we need some good expansion xP


$70 to Iceland (By the looks of it), that's more than Rising Sun is charging for a 4kg(?) box. Are they going to ship it by longship or something?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
The Viking Age Expansion will included all stretch goals with a boat symbol beside them.

The Viking Age Expansion is included in all pledges, and will not be included in the retail version of the game. It will be available for purchase separately though.

This is similar to what they did with Mare Nostrum Empires and the Atlas Expansion box ...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So what's the practical difference between the 3 types of Stretch Goals?

Upgrades are included in the Base game
Expansions - well the expansion is included in the $60 base game reward level
Free Stretch goals - are, you know, included....

So effectively for $60 Early Bird you get all of the stretch goals unlocked regardless of which of the three types it is... right? Am I missing something?

And if you don't do that, you can later buy the base game and expansion separately for some currently unknown price....right?

Confused...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
blockhead wrote:
So what's the practical difference between the 3 types of Stretch Goals?

Upgrades are included in the Base game
Expansions - well the expansion is included in the $60 base game reward level
Free Stretch goals - are, you know, included....

So effectively for $60 Early Bird you get all of the stretch goals unlocked regardless of which of the three types it is... right? Am I missing something?

And if you don't do that, you can later buy the base game and expansion separately for some currently unknown price....right?

Confused...



Sounds like you have it straight. $60 = base game + all stretch goals of all three types.

The only thing left kind of ambiguous is whether the "upgrades" will be included in the retail game. I'd say there is a possibility they might not be, and if they are it would increase the cost of the game significantly.

The "kickstarter free" stuff, and certainly the Viking Age Expansion, will be available for separate purchase.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. It's becoming increasingly hard to hold to my self-imposed KS moratorium

There is already thread on the map size concerns, so I'll take my questions about that over there
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an Early Bird pledge?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jools wrote:
There's an Early Bird pledge?

There was. But it was only $5 off of the base game. So if you're going any higher, it's effectively the same price as that discount anyway.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Jools wrote:
There's an Early Bird pledge?

There was. But it was only $5 off of the base game. So if you're going any higher, it's effectively the same price as that discount anyway.


I don't see any early bid pledges, that's weird. Do they hide those now when they're all full up?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Jools wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Jools wrote:
There's an Early Bird pledge?

There was. But it was only $5 off of the base game. So if you're going any higher, it's effectively the same price as that discount anyway.


I don't see any early bid pledges, that's weird. Do they hide those now when they're all full up?


$60 early bird pledge ended yesterday.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jools wrote:
I don't see any early bid pledges, that's weird. Do they hide those now when they're all full up?
I can still see them, just moved to the bottom of the list of pledge tiers, now that they are no longer available.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, I can see them at the bottom now. Was it a time cut off thing or was it a fixed number of slots that have now been filled? If it's the latter then maybe someone might cancel their pledge and I can swoop in later.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a time cut-off, 3 or 4 days, I think, not sure.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no, what with having to pay extra shipping all the way to Japan I don't think I can afford the full price pledge. Damn. Thanks for telling me though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.