8 Posts

Arcadia Quest: Inferno» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lucas Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien Smal
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi, I have a question about Lucas natural ability.

It says he gains two extra dices to his rolls for each quest his guild has accomplished.

Is it for all his rolls ? For both his attack and defence ? Seems to be really powerfull if his guild managed to get 2 quests...

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghazkull wrote:
Hi, I have a question about Lucas natural ability.

It says he gains two extra dices to his rolls for each quest his guild has accomplished.

Is it for all his rolls ? For both his attack and defence ? Seems to be really powerfull if his guild managed to get 2 quests...

Regards

That's right. He seems really powerful, but at least when a guild has finished two quests, the end of the scenario should be near.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt White
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
He's absolutely, totally broken. Played against him and it was fairly easy for his player to snipe one other player for the initial +2 within the first few turns. After that he was then given all the gear via a rest and he's rolling +2 dice on every action. The other two heroes then sit in the starting area since they no longer matter. Compare that to other characters where they have to exhaust their hero card for a single +2 to a specific attack (such as magic) and have worse stats on top. He's easily rolling four defense dice and 4-5 attack dice on the very first map and that's before getting two quests completed.

Then if that player is able to secure another easier quest it's then trivial for him to finish whatever the large reward quest is. On the first map he's rolling six defense dice and then with minimum upgrades it's even more and the snowball can't be stopped. Even with other guilds ganging up against him it's hard to take him down and when he's rolling eight attack dice on the second scenario he's one shotting any other hero with the exception of the 7 wound guy. What makes him so ridiculous is with only one quest completed his ability is already much better than any other character with similar dice adding bonuses.

We are thinking of house ruling his ability to +1 per quest which would be much more fair or just banning altogether; even +2 dice to every roll early in a scenario is game breakingly over the top and then he goes to +4. I'm wondering if anyone else has any fixes to that specific character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps if you excluded the PVP quests and only allowed the +2 dice for accomplished PVE quests? And maybe only for PVE quests that he has personally accomplished?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B
Canada
flag msg tools
I do agree that his ability is very strong but do consider that it s useless in the last mission where the only quest is killing Rock Bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio M
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Lucas is indeed very strong: I mentioned this in another thread.
He was one of the first heroes whose ability grabbed my attention right away.
Not sure about being overpowered though, I haven't played with him yet. But if I get the chance I would pick him right away.

Vonskyfury wrote:
I do agree that his ability is very strong but do consider that it s useless in the last mission where the only quest is killing Rock Bottom.

Good point. However, there's a solution for that. Given Lucas' effectiveness, it's quite easy for him to rescue an angel somewhere along the campaign, which means that his guild will have a spare hero in its roster. For the last scenario, you can simply swap out Lucas for the other hero/angel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucas has to use these extra dice if he has them - for example if he gets hit by searing he still needs to use all the extra dice he gets to defend himself right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutripper wrote:
Lucas has to use these extra dice if he has them - for example if he gets hit by searing he still needs to use all the extra dice he gets to defend himself right?

Yes, correct, he must use them. You cannot exclude dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.