Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played once so far and really really enjoyed it, however we did arrive at a situation where someone had not built a solar/wind farm - that meant they reached a point where they had no energy and could not perform any of the main actions.
It would appear that in a competitive game all the early moves are scripted ie you must build a wind farm or solar farm therefore you must obtain supplies and you must excavate to obtain regolith/dirty ice.

If this is correct, then in a competitive game, to uncouple this scripted play, maybe you should all start with one farm (of the player's choice?) .... OR we played incorrectly (no surprise here considering the clarity of the rules book)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in COM.4 mode you do need to get your energy production going - and your excavation. So, I'd agree, the first few rounds are mostly set and it's more a matter of which order you do things in, but you can't skip something.

Saying that, you can always have a single energy cube from the shared supply (RTG???) to help you along. It's not ideal, but it can bring you back from behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the Competitive Mode yet, but truthfully that Mode wasn't the draw for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.