montag 66
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I'm in trade discussions and La Granja has been offered up with the following disclaimer: "La Granja is missing two different craft tiles". How significant it this. I'm not very familiar with the game so not sure the use of craft tiles and if short two will have a significant impact on game or future trade value.

Thanks for any comments!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're talking about the wooden markers, any substitute would work fine. There are no craft "tiles" in the game.

It comes with 100 wooden markers in the 4 player colors (25 each color - use a substitute if one is missing) and 24 black craft markers (black) that everyone uses, again use a substitute if one is missing.

Get clarification on what they mean by Craft "Tiles"

Sorry this is wrong, I see what they're referring to now. You would want these tiles in my opinion. If you download and look at the rulebook they're in section 2.5.3 on page 5. If you look at page 9, you'll see the stacks of them on the main board.

Rulebook in Files section
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phillip wilson
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are 6 types of craft tiles of 4 types. So if 2 of one type are missing, then a 3 player game could be affected. If 2 of different types, then a 4 player game could possibly be affected.

Players have to choose to complete the goal for each of the 6 craft buildings, so you would only be affected if all players went to complete the same building. And thus earning the craft marker. It's seems very minor to me.

You may be able to request a replacement from Stronghold. Or just make your own. Or just use a button to coverup the space on the player board for the 4th player that completes it. The player board also shows the benefit.

If you are playing 4 players
If the craft building is open early enough in the game
If all four players complete the goal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it refers to the wooden components. The craft tiles are supposed to be available at a one per player count. So if you're planning on playing with the full complement of 4 players, you'd be missing critical components. Get La Granja, it's a great game, but not this incomplete copy. Even if you don't need them, it will greatly cripple it's trade value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you need these craft tiles but in my opinion you can easily build them and since they are open public, any difference with the originals shouldn't be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree generally with the others who have posted. The tiles in question come in sets of 4 so that each player can potentially earn one in the course of a game, but it is uncommon that all 4 players actually do complete deliveries to the same building. The tiles have no secret information, and they are not shuffled or changed from hidden to revealed at any point, so you could make replacement tiles very easily without being concerned that they look somewhat different than the other tiles. Simply cut a couple of pieces of cardboard to size and draw the matching icons on each side. Put the replacements on the bottom of each stack of four, and they will hardly ever come into play.

Unless you're concerned about trade or resale value, the missing tiles are a very minor inconvenience and can easily be replaced with substitutes with absolutely no adverse effect on game play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
Let's meet up for games and coffee!
badge
Golden... As in Oldie! I'm new to the Portland area and looking for gamers to game with and new gaming groups to join! I'm 50+ and like most games but do have a special affinity for dry, cube pushing euros!
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's a good trade for you and you don't mind cosmetic imperfections I'd say go for it. The missing tiles are not at all critical to gameplay. Even in a 4 player game, it's not certain that everyone will achieve the tile. Even if they do, anything could be used as a placeholder for the tile on the player board.

Then again, I'm probably a little bit OCD, so I'd probably hold out for a copy that is 100% complete unless the trade is an especially good deal or for a game that would be hard to get otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Critical to a full player count game, yes, but easily replaced.

A scanner, a full-sheet of sticker paper, and some cardstock from a craft store would easily do the trick.

Print the "front" of the tiles on one half of the paper, and print the "back" of the tiles on the other half.

The tiles are different front to back, when you receive the tile you receive the ability immediately (lightning symbol) and then flip it over to the 'eternity' symbol to denote the on-going effect.

Nothing is hidden, so having two "not exact" tiles would not be an issue. If terribly OCD about it, remaking that entire stack (or stacks) with the scanner and sticker-paper and card stock.

This would be a very easy project to fix a VERY good game, it's one of my favorites. If this is a good deal/good trade for you, I would not hesitate to go for it.

~Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cooper
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you decide to trade for the game, consider posting your parts needed list here:
2015-2016-2017 Spare Parts Resource List

I've been lucky to get a couple missing pieces for games replaced due to the kindness of fellow BGG'ers.

If you have games missing SO many parts they are unplayable, consider posting to this list to see if you can help out a fellow BGG'er.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.