Subject: Forbidden Island $11.89 - Kohls Cardholders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Peterson
msg tools
Good morning,

Kohls has Forbidden Island for $11.89+tax

Only works for Kohls Cardholders with promo codes LUCKY30 and FS4MARCH

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1876962/forbidden-island-g...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HHHHH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought mine from Kohls recently for less than $2 lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Blankenship
United States
Owens Cross Roads
AL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's a moray!
mbmbmbmbmb
For a minute there I thought this was about some kind of gadget to hold your cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gagawolala wrote:

DO tell...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Peterson
msg tools
gagawolala wrote:

damn! in store clearance?

I did not even know they sold games, I was ordering something else and saw it this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rock31 wrote:
gagawolala wrote:

damn! in store clearance?

I did not even know they sold games, I was ordering something else and saw it this morning.

Probably some sort of Kohl's cash. They are usually a reward for spending $50 in store or online. Sometimes they send them out in the mail to entice you to shop, but those are usually in store only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If that's the case, the game wasn't reeeeealy that price ($2); the store credit could've been used towards ANYTHING in the store. Sounds like the buyer was justifying the purchase to their S.O. or something. I've seen that kind of behavior before...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Johnson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game was available in-store during Christmas as part of their "men's gifts" section. As such, they are included as part of the after-Christmas clearance. If you can find one in store, it should ring up super cheap. I was able to grab some a few weeks ago at 90% off + 20% off coupon, so I paid $3.20 plus tax for each of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great deal, but haha, you just gotta love Kohl's pricing games (and their ENTIRE business is based on pricing inflation and multiple "discounts".) At your 92% combined discount, the "original price" Kohl's was charging was $40 for Forbidden Island; a title with a full MSRP of $18, even at places like Barnes & Noble!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
blindsorrow wrote:
Great deal, but haha, you just gotta love Kohl's pricing games (and their ENTIRE business is based on pricing inflation and multiple "discounts".) At your 92% combined discount, the "original price" Kohl's was charging was $40 for Forbidden Island; a title with a full MSRP of $18, even at places like Barnes & Noble!!

I used to work there and the model really does work, even though I can almost always find a better price on a product somewhere else.

They do have a great return policy, if you have the stomach for it. You could play Forbidden Island to your hearts content, take the receipt and the game to the store 5 years later and get all of your money back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.