Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
78 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: March '17 LEFTOVERS US Shipping Math Trade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the March '17 LEFTOVERS US Shipping Math Trade

Trade ends 3/28/17 8pm PST.


This is a US shipping math trade. To participate you must be able to ship and receive from/to a US address. You must also use www.abecorn.com to list and setup your matrix. Everything can be imported from BGG and your BGG account will be linked on sign up. Some parts are still in beta, so feedback is appreciated.

Quickstart

New updates
You can sort by BGG rank, BGG rating, and price. This is the first iteration, so some entries aren't done resyncing and some of the prices may have had rogue (charity, bundles, placeholders) entries.

Major differences from OLWLG trades

-Your traded entries are automatically subtracted if they trade.
-If you don't login at least once a week, your account will go inactive and won't be considered in that run.
-The submission window is always open.
-You're automatically notified of deleted or edited entries you want.
-You can make direct cash offers on entries
(if you set a minimum value for your listed entries, you also automatically want ALL cash entries anyone may offer of that value or greater in exchange for your item)
-You can see all the current offers on your entries (You can also offer direct trade offers from this offer screen)
-Click all boxes in row/column is built in and doesnt need 3rd party software
-Duplicate protection is a single click.
-You can duplicate protect different unlike listings in two clicks.
-Your results are final when the timer runs out. Results are posted automatically on BGG, geekmail, and email.
-It works on all browsers and devices

Results are automatically posted on BGG at
abecorn results page, you'll also receive a geekmail and email if you have results.


Anytime you make a change to your matrix, you must click the accept button to be considered in the results.


Thanks to
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
for the great writeup.

Shipping:Should you not specify any shipping restrictions, you bear the full shipping cost to any US address. You may not list any shipping prohibitions that pertain to the contiguous 48 states. Item's that you'll be sending via USPS flat rate or 1st class, ship for the same amount to all 50 states. The less you restrict your shipping, the more potential you have that it will trade.

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-1This trade will utilize www.abecorn.com

d10-2You are required to accurately describe the condition of your game. This entails inventorying all parts including inserts. Should you find your game is in lesser condition than you originally listed it. Edit the listing or delete it.

d10-3Unless stated, it will be assumed that your game is the most recent printing. If the primary language is something other than English, this needs to be clearly stated, even if the game is language independent. Please acknowledge questions to all of your listings.

Sample Description:

Condition: 1 corner dented(Photo Below)
Edition: Multilingual 2nd
Ships: Free to all 50 incl MPO's

d10-4 Add sweeteners by typing the name of the game into the condition description of the primary lsting.

d10-5Items that are not in the database but related to gaming or a similar culture are allowed. You amy create your own custom entry for this purpose.

d10-6 If you intend to trade for cash equivalents, you must pay BGG a 3% commission. See Guidelines

d10-7 Do not use a listing for items unless you are offering that listing. For example, do not list a game if you're only offering certain components for that game.

d10-8You are responsible for your listings and the results. Please message users with questions on their listings. Results are monitored, but assumed final when the timer runs out.



Helpful Links:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-dummies
https://abecorn.wikispaces.com/home

Trademax 1.4
ITERATIONS=100
SEED=123456
METRIC=users-trading
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Long
United States
Auburn
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I do appreciate what you're trying with Abecorn, and I've even tried trading with it a few times (alas, to no avail); but I find myself pining for real leftover math trades.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sinnylong wrote:
I do appreciate what you're trying with Abecorn, and I've even tried trading with it a few times (alas, to no avail); but I find myself pining for real leftover math trades.


Tried trading and didn't make any trades or got hung up/frustrated with something UI related? If the later please tell me so I can fix it. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nighteyes77 wrote:
I have never participated in a Math Trade before and just registered for Abecorn. Am I going to be restricted from participating on Abecorn because I am a new user or does that not matter?


Welcome to math trading, you're welcome to participate. You're BGG identity is what most people pay attention to anyway.

If you need any assistance feel free to ask. There's a lot of information out there, but if you're looking for a crash course this quickstart guide will work. https://abecorn.wikispaces.com/QuickStart
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Bonilla
United States
Winneconne
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave abecorn a brief look. Interface seems pretty simple. Quick question though: Is there no way to group items into a lot for trade?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Long
United States
Auburn
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
sinnylong wrote:
I do appreciate what you're trying with Abecorn, and I've even tried trading with it a few times (alas, to no avail); but I find myself pining for real leftover math trades.


Tried trading and didn't make any trades or got hung up/frustrated with something UI related? If the later please tell me so I can fix it. Thanks!


Tried and didn't make any trades. And I should clarify my "real" comment above. It wasn't meant to be snide or dismissive. I was speaking to the volume of traders and listings in the OLWLG vs. Abecorn battle. I almost always make at least one trade in OLWLG math trades, oftentimes multiple trades. My two or three attempts at Abecorn have resulted in zero trades. I'm sure this is primarily due to the number of people involved.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien,

I would like the ability to full clear my trading and want lists with just a few presses. I "wanted" a ton of things a few months back but now they are cluttering the list and I also have a ton of items I traded elsewhere in my trade list still.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OldManMerton wrote:
I gave abecorn a brief look. Interface seems pretty simple. Quick question though: Is there no way to group items into a lot for trade?


Currently the only way to group multiple items together in one listing is by putting them in the condition information with a "Sweetner" heading.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bulkoth wrote:
Bien,

I would like the ability to full clear my trading and want lists with just a few presses. I "wanted" a ton of things a few months back but now they are cluttering the list and I also have a ton of items I traded elsewhere in my trade list still.


I've cleared it for you. You're suggestion is a good feature to add to the list. Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi C.
United States
Sedro Woolley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see it in the list of Abecorn's hosted trades, am I missing something?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
luigicool wrote:
I don't see it in the list of Abecorn's hosted trades, am I missing something?


It's not hosted, it's the main page with the countdown on it http://trade.abecorn.com
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi C.
United States
Sedro Woolley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Ben. The main thing that holds me from using Abecorn is that I cannot filter by just the BGG items that I have tagged as "Want in Trade" and "Want to Buy" like I can do with OLWLG. I have hundreds of items that have the 'Wishlist" tag that I do not wish to own, only to play, so filtering just by wishlist is useless to me
Another thing I noticed is that the BGG trade comments don't transfer directly (some do, some don't). I hope this is constructive feedback, it's a big hurdle.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good improvements as always. As always, more comments:

The hosted vs not hosted is really confusing. I don't even really know what hosted means.

UI wise, last time it was difficult matching my items in the grid with my wants. The text being slightly askew makes it hard to tell what item corresponds to what row without tiling my head to match the text. Minor annoyance.

Clicking "Log in" and then not being logged in or even at the log in screen is still confusing.

The "inactive" bell is unintuitive. I know what it means because you've told me before, but to my sense, if I've logged in and am looking at items, I'm active. "Inactive" means, I have not completed my grid. There should be another term for this. Why should this even appear when a user isn't logged in?

Having a giant "Hosted Trades" tab be right in the list of items for the ... what are we calling it... "non hosted" trade(?) is very confusing. If hosted trades are something special or different, they shouldn't be physically touching the normal trade features. Add the button to the menu under "tutorial" perhaps?

I'm glad to see average rating and rank are now visible, but it's not clear which is which at a glance. Could you put some indicator there in text abbreviation next to the numbers?

When I'm not logged in, the sort by average rating doesn't appear to be working correctly. The first three items I see when I sort are:
Rivet Wars Eastern Front (7.24)
Ribbit (6.79)
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game (7.38)
I believe it's locked to 'most recent' when you are not logged in, despite the ability to select other sorting methods.

Having items numbers associated with each item in the order the item was added would be helpful in terms of knowing where I left off when I last looked. The "NEW" indicator is confusing and scattered when I return to the page. Often times I'm also still looking to sort by average rating or some other sorting criteria, which leads to the "NEW" listings getting scattered around. Ideally I'd like to be able to see ONLY new listings and sort them however I'd like.

Having 'view your own items' under "search" is unintuitive. There should be a tab for 'view/edit your own items'.

I'd also really like an indication when my BGG collection is syncing, and when it's done syncing.

With cash offers, it's not clear to me if it includes shipping or not.

At the bottom of the page, it would be nice to see what the final number of pages is in the pagination, so it doesn't feel like endless pages.

Also strange, sorting through the stuff at the end of the list when sorting by average rating, there are a lot of games that have other copies that do show the average rating there. For example, there is an an instance of pandemic listed, where the average rating isn't listed. Another example, is there is a forbidden stars there too.
3 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
luigicool wrote:
Thank you Ben. The main thing that holds me from using Abecorn is that I cannot filter by just the BGG items that I have tagged as "Want in Trade" and "Want to Buy" like I can do with OLWLG. I have hundreds of items that have the 'Wishlist" tag that I do not wish to own, only to play, so filtering just by wishlist is useless to me
Another thing I noticed is that the BGG trade comments don't transfer directly (some do, some don't). I hope this is constructive feedback, it's a big hurdle.


The distinctions here are always really wonky.

Want in Trade vs Wishlist are very ambiguous and people use both interchangeably.

I suggest using the "Want to play" tag for what you're currently using the wishlist for.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bulkoth wrote:
luigicool wrote:
Thank you Ben. The main thing that holds me from using Abecorn is that I cannot filter by just the BGG items that I have tagged as "Want in Trade" and "Want to Buy" like I can do with OLWLG. I have hundreds of items that have the 'Wishlist" tag that I do not wish to own, only to play, so filtering just by wishlist is useless to me
Another thing I noticed is that the BGG trade comments don't transfer directly (some do, some don't). I hope this is constructive feedback, it's a big hurdle.


The distinctions here are always really wonky.

Want in Trade vs Wishlist are very ambiguous and people use both interchangeably.

I suggest using the "Want to play" tag for what you're currently using the wishlist for.


I plan to move to this model:

Want to play - to filter OLWLG
Want in Trade - I am legit actively looking for this, please message me
Wishlist - Sup Secret Santa!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's unfortunately going to give you a bigger list in abecorn than the prior poster wanted but you do you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bulkoth wrote:
That's unfortunately going to give you a bigger list in abecorn than the prior poster wanted but you do you


Oh, abecorn I don't filter. I'm only looking through new stuff since I last logged in, so its never more than 40-60 items.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Bonilla
United States
Winneconne
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If we are willing to take money for an item as well how do we handle the shipping cost? Should we factor it into the price or put a note that says "If purchased, buyer pays shipping." or what?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
luigicool wrote:
Thank you Ben. The main thing that holds me from using Abecorn is that I cannot filter by just the BGG items that I have tagged as "Want in Trade" and "Want to Buy" like I can do with OLWLG. I have hundreds of items that have the 'Wishlist" tag that I do not wish to own, only to play, so filtering just by wishlist is useless to me
Another thing I noticed is that the BGG trade comments don't transfer directly (some do, some don't). I hope this is constructive feedback, it's a big hurdle.


Yes, BGG's API is poorly maintained, so it can sometimes take more than one attempt to pull the comment info.

We've been working on adding more filters, but it was easier (for now) to mash them all together.

I appreciate your constructive feedback!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comments, they really help me to improve this.

quietcorn wrote:
Good improvements as always. As always, more comments:
The hosted vs not hosted is really confusing. I don't even really know what hosted means.


Would "Local Trades" be better?


quietcorn wrote:

UI wise, last time it was difficult matching my items in the grid with my wants. The text being slightly askew makes it hard to tell what item corresponds to what row without tiling my head to match the text. Minor annoyance.

Clicking "Log in" and then not being logged in or even at the log in screen is still confusing.


Good catch, didn't notice that

quietcorn wrote:

The "inactive" bell is unintuitive. I know what it means because you've told me before, but to my sense, if I've logged in and am looking at items, I'm active. "Inactive" means, I have not completed my grid. There should be another term for this. Why should this even appear when a user isn't logged in?

You're right, there are quiet a few visual bugs.

quietcorn wrote:

Having a giant "Hosted Trades" tab be right in the list of items for the ... what are we calling it... "non hosted" trade(?) is very confusing. If hosted trades are something special or different, they shouldn't be physically touching the normal trade features. Add the button to the menu under "tutorial" perhaps?
It would probably be worth the time to get things properly A/B tested. Maybe I can post a vote on different view models that user's prefer.

quietcorn wrote:

I'm glad to see average rating and rank are now visible, but it's not clear which is which at a glance. Could you put some indicator there in text abbreviation next to the numbers?

When I'm not logged in, the sort by average rating doesn't appear to be working correctly. The first three items I see when I sort are:
Rivet Wars Eastern Front (7.24)
Ribbit (6.79)
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game (7.38)
I believe it's locked to 'most recent' when you are not logged in, despite the ability to select other sorting methods.
Yes, at this point hovering over it is the only way to know what those numbers mean.

quietcorn wrote:

Having items numbers associated with each item in the order the item was added would be helpful in terms of knowing where I left off when I last looked. The "NEW" indicator is confusing and scattered when I return to the page. Often times I'm also still looking to sort by average rating or some other sorting criteria, which leads to the "NEW" listings getting scattered around. Ideally I'd like to be able to see ONLY new listings and sort them however I'd like.
We set the "NEW" label for items so people knew where they left off from last login (times out after 30min). We used to have it where people could search by date, nut users thought it was too complicated. We had a "NEW" filter, but then users forgot they clicked it and got confused.


quietcorn wrote:

Having 'view your own items' under "search" is unintuitive. There should be a tab for 'view/edit your own items'.
There is a big button for viewing your own items under "Add items", but we added the filter for browse as well. Would you prefer to only see it under browse?

quietcorn wrote:

I'd also really like an indication when my BGG collection is syncing, and when it's done syncing.
We had it set to send you a notification, but no one ever checked. BGG's API is fickle so the time can be seconds or minutes depending on collection size. Would you prefer an optional pop-up warning?

quietcorn wrote:

With cash offers, it's not clear to me if it includes shipping or not.

At the bottom of the page, it would be nice to see what the final number of pages is in the pagination, so it doesn't feel like endless pages.

Also strange, sorting through the stuff at the end of the list when sorting by average rating, there are a lot of games that have other copies that do show the average rating there. For example, there is an an instance of pandemic listed, where the average rating isn't listed. Another example, is there is a forbidden stars there too.


We've got a shipping overall planned that will add clarity. The BGG API has gotten more and more fickle, so we're only pulling data when user's sync, so not all games have rank/rating/market data. (yet)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OldManMerton wrote:
If we are willing to take money for an item as well how do we handle the shipping cost? Should we factor it into the price or put a note that says "If purchased, buyer pays shipping." or what?


We've been using the same rules the previous math trades run where the seller/owner always pays for shipping. We're working towards doing a better integrated shipping feature eventually.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had one of my items accepting cash value, but then later deleted it. However, the matrix summary pop up still shows that it's accepting cash offers as wants. How do I fix this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jgatkinsn wrote:
So I had one of my items accepting cash value, but then later deleted it. However, the matrix summary pop up still shows that it's accepting cash offers as wants. How do I fix this?


It's a visual bug, the self-assigned cash values aren't updating in real-time. I'll fix it this afternoon. Thank you for telling me and being patient!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Inzauto
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to go directly to the US Leftovers Trade on Abecorn?

Or is it just combined with the perpetual list that comes up regularly?

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
italianbreadman wrote:
Is there a way to go directly to the US Leftovers Trade on Abecorn?

Or is it just combined with the perpetual list that comes up regularly?

Thanks.


It's the combined list with perpetual, we've just changed the run time to correspond with the end of the monthly US shipping trade.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.