Subject: Board game version of Police Quest? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week I saw the Dice Tower top 10 where they said Police Precinct would make a great legacy game. I was aware of Police Precinct, but never really looked into it. I already own Pandemic and Flash Point and so I felt like this would just be more of the same. But I watched a few reviews and this game looks great. It reminds me of an old computer game series I used to play a lot called Police Quest. So now I just recently ordered my copy of Police Precinct. In addition to providing a great nostalgic experience to my Police Quest days in the 80’s & 90’s, this looks like it will make a great addition to my game collection. I’ll definitely be drafting up ideas for a legacy version.

To all those who remember Police Quest: Do you find a similarity between this board game and that computer game? In coming up with a legacy storyline, do you find elements from the Police Quest series creeping up into your ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
Last week I saw the Dice Tower top 10 where they said Police Precinct would make a great legacy game. I was aware of Police Precinct, but never really looked into it. I already own Pandemic and Flash Point and so I felt like this would just be more of the same. But I watched a few reviews and this game looks great. It reminds me of an old computer game series I used to play a lot called Police Quest. So now I just recently ordered my copy of Police Precinct. In addition to providing a great nostalgic experience to my Police Quest days in the 80’s & 90’s, this looks like it will make a great addition to my game collection. I’ll definitely be drafting up ideas for a legacy version.

To all those who remember Police Quest: Do you find a similarity between this board game and that computer game? In coming up with a legacy storyline, do you find elements from the Police Quest series creeping up into your ideas?

Hey Randy!

You are definitely not the only one who has thought this over the years.

I can't remember exactly when it was (likely at least 2 years ago), but at some point someone brought Police Quest up in relation to Police Precinct, and we (CMG) tried to reach out to them (the folks who control that IP) to talk about forming some sort of alliance (who knows where that might have gone exactly), but it never really took off.

Did you know that they did some sort of Kickstarter?

(I don't think it funded, but drew a lot of attention is my memory about that)

Thanks for starting this thread and for associating this in with the Legacy discussion, which is a topic that we have great interest in!

In fact, after the Dice Tower video came out, we created a couple threads on the Legacy topic (Police Precinct specific).

Links:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1742746/dice-tower-predicts...

and...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1742799/please-deposit-your...

Just now, when I saw your thread I created a link to it from one of ours.

Thanks again!

meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple

Karl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole Steiness
Denmark
Herlev
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
It reminds me of an old computer game series I used to play a lot called Police Quest. So now I just recently ordered my copy of Police Precinct.

I am happy to hear that and hope you will enjoy the game.

I played Police Quest I and II back in the early 90's and it was certainly part of the inspiration for Police Precinct :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.