Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Crampton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been trying to get my hands on Junk Art for months through numerous trade offers and auctions but could not ever find someone willing to let it go or sell it for less than $80.

Just got the restock notice that CSI has the reprints in stock and I jumped all over it at $48.

*Edit* Back in stock also at MM, Cardhaus at this low price

I know this was never abundantly available on Amazon but CamelCamelCamel has the historical low at $52.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/227933

Now i just need to put on my patience cap as the snails deliver my package from CSI....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Rasmussen
United States
Ephraim
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Re: [CSI] JUNK ART back in stock $47.99
But they are the best kind of snails in my opinion, unless of course they lose the (es)cargo(t) . . .

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered.

(I showed my wife my response, this is her response in emoji format Not amused)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Dangerfield
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this and almost jumped on it...but then I noticed there's a plastic version that is only 28 coming out in the summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Taylor

Hawaii Kai
Hawaii
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it's in at Minature Market and Cardhaus too for the same price, just FYI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Castellanos
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing to see here
mbmbmbmbmb
SirDangerfield wrote:
Saw this and almost jumped on it...but then I noticed there's a plastic version that is only 28 coming out in the summer.

Has anyone seen a comparison of the plastic version to the wood or a review of the plastic version?

I have only had one chance to play with the wood version and it was great but I did read some threads about others who had production issues with their copies and I'm concerned about longevity, some of the wood pieces are really thin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Crampton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirDangerfield wrote:

Not sure if you've played the plastic version of Flick 'em Up but probably not if you are that excited. No bueno.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah. New print is in stock. It's now available again everywhere (or will be shortly).

When games get reprinted, they usually show up in stores. It's a fascinating phenomenon.

(So yeah, I know that it's been "agreed" that "back in stock" announcements are "okay" in the hot deals forum, but I think it's getting silly. There was never any doubt that this game would be back. A reprint was coming, and I believe that the rough timeline was even known. Post in the relevant game's news forum, or subscribe there to find out what's going on with a particular game.

If this was a batch of games that was found between print runs, or something that was believed to be totally unavailable, I'd be singing a different tune.

Why does it matter? Because the BGG database has thousands of games, and you have to draw the line somewhere. Anybody who cared about the game probably signed up for an alert at CSI, or MM, or CH, or all of them. And that means they got the same flipping notification.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to disagree and call me bad names.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Crampton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:

Yeah. New print is in stock. It's now available again everywhere (or will be shortly).

When games get reprinted, they usually show up in stores. It's a fascinating phenomenon.

(So yeah, I know that it's been "agreed" that "back in stock" announcements are "okay" in the hot deals forum, but I think it's getting silly. There was never any doubt that this game would be back. A reprint was coming, and I believe that the rough timeline was even known. Post in the relevant game's news forum, or subscribe there to find out what's going on with a particular game.

If this was a batch of games that was found between print runs, or something that was believed to be totally unavailable, I'd be singing a different tune.

Why does it matter? Because the BGG database has thousands of games, and you have to draw the line somewhere. Anybody who cared about the game probably signed up for an alert at CSI, or MM, or CH, or all of them. And that means they got the same flipping notification.

I'd be interested to see where you have found it cheaper... previously or now. I'm not sure about you but when a $70 retail game pops up at $48, I consider it a deal. Just because it is available at more than one place for that price at this time, doesn't mean it isn't a deal.

Thought I may help someone out that is looking but I'll just keep these to myself. You put a lot of typing into a subject you say you don't care about. I am just glad I could waste a few minutes of your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcrampton wrote:
Misterboy wrote:

I'd be interested to see where you have found it cheaper... previously or now. I'm not sure about you but when a $70 retail game pops up at $48, I consider it a deal. Just because it is available at more than one place for that price at this time, doesn't mean it isn't a deal.

Thought I may help someone out that is looking but I'll just keep these to myself. You put a lot of typing into a subject you say you don't care about. I am just glad I could waste a few minutes of your time.

I never suggested that I found it cheaper. ?? The $48 price is the normal online price.

And where did I say that I "don't care about" the subject? Obviously I care; as you pointed out, I put a lot of typing into it. ??

To be clear, I do appreciate your desire to share what you perceived as a hot deal. I just don't think it's a hot deal, so wanted to share my thoughts as to why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Springfield
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcrampton wrote:
Misterboy wrote:

Keep posting these things, 90% of us appreciate it (made up statistic but I'm 99% sure I'm right).

When games are between print runs and selling for way over msrp i think these posts are helpful. It wouldn't be helpful for a game that had no demand but this isn't one of those games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we go again.

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Taylor

Hawaii Kai
Hawaii
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
jcrampton wrote:
Misterboy wrote:

I never suggested that I found it cheaper. ?? The $48 price is the normal online price.

And where did I say that I "don't care about" the subject? Obviously I care; as you pointed out, I put a lot of typing into it. ??

To be clear, I do appreciate your desire to share what you perceived as a hot deal. I just don't think it's a hot deal, so wanted to share my thoughts as to why.

Seems like a good deal to me. Has been listed at $70 at Pretzel Games site and $99+ at Amazon. I'm glad this was posted, as I've been wanting a copy. So thanks OP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
Here we go again.

soblue

Don't worry. I'm done

I knew my post would be unpopular. I usually try harder to refrain from sharing my thoughts on making the community better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
abonosky wrote:
Here we go again.

soblue

Don't worry. I'm done

I knew my post would be unpopular. I usually try harder to refrain from sharing my thoughts on making the community better.

It's ok, I blame Z-Man for their ridiculously long gaps between printings. They're tearing us apart, man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
BGG has paid for itself by saving me from buying crappy games!
badge
Come on people! Donate! nothing in life is free!
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
abonosky wrote:
Here we go again.

soblue

Don't worry. I'm done

This is funny, your last line about ideas to make the site better, I agree with. (Hot deals is a little overboard in my opinion) it's just a shame that it came after four paragraphs of snarky comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltone wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
abonosky wrote:
Here we go again.

soblue

Don't worry. I'm done

This is funny, your last line about ideas to make the site better, I agree with. (Hot deals is a little overboard in my opinion) it's just a shame that it came after four paragraphs of snarky comments.

I count 1 opening slightly snarky comment followed by a a few paragraphs of very unsnarky explanation.

This is the 3rd time in 2 posts that my initial comment has been very purposefully misrepresented. I mean earlier, the OP claimed *I* said that a lower price was available and that *I* claimed "I didn't care" about the subject, both of which are complete and utter fabrications that make no sense.

I said I was "done" but it's soul-crushing when people argue against you or call you a hypocrite by making stuff up. My posts are there, in black and white. No need to fabricate things. Really. There's no need to fabricate things.

But this time, I promise the next time someone flagrantly puts words in my mouth, I'll just ignore it. I will, from this post forward, be your silent whipping-boy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Crampton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But in the end... many peoples time would be saved if those who want to poo poo a game a listing at nearly 50% off list after being out of stock for half a year would just....

Misterboy wrote:
Saltone wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
abonosky wrote:
Here we go again.

soblue

Don't worry. I'm done

I count 1 opening slightly snarky comment followed by a a few paragraphs of very unsnarky explanation.

This is the 3rd time in 2 posts that my initial comment has been very purposefully misrepresented. I mean earlier, the OP claimed *I* said that a lower price was available and that *I* claimed "I didn't care" about the subject, both of which are complete and utter fabrications that make no sense.

I said I was "done" but it's soul-crushing when people argue against you or call you a hypocrite by making stuff up. My posts are there, in black and white. No need to fabricate things. Really. There's no need to fabricate things.

But this time, I promise the next time someone flagrantly puts words in my mouth, I'll just ignore it. I will, from this post forward, be your silent whipping-boy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Longholes

Providence
Rhode Island
msg tools
badge
jcrampton wrote:
... those who want to poo poo a game....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
abonosky wrote:
Here we go again.

soblue

Don't worry. I'm done

It's ok, I blame Z-Man for their ridiculously long gaps between printings. They're tearing us apart, man!

Hey now, this one wasn't gone that long. It was available until the Christmas season drained the stock four months ago. Marco Polo on the other hand...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
BGG has paid for itself by saving me from buying crappy games!
badge
Come on people! Donate! nothing in life is free!
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
Saltone wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
abonosky wrote:
Here we go again.

soblue

Don't worry. I'm done

Actually, I will be the first to admit when I am wrong, there were only three snarky comments.

Yeah. New print is in stock. It's now available again everywhere (or will be shortly). Admitted snarky

When games get reprinted, they usually show up in stores. It's a fascinating phenomenon. "Fascinating Phenomenon" Over exaggeration of amazement, snarky

(So yeah, I know that it's been "agreed" that "back in stock" announcements are "okay" in the hot deals forum, but I think it's getting silly. There was never any doubt that this game would be back. A reprint was coming, and I believe that the rough timeline was even known. Post in the relevant game's news forum, or subscribe there to find out what's going on with a particular game. Use of quotes sarcastically questions what has been stated in other threads. Like I said, I believe that you and I are on the same side of this argument, I am just saying that sarcasm is not a good way to get support

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
abonosky wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
abonosky wrote:
Here we go again.

soblue

Don't worry. I'm done

You mean Asmodee right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
abonosky wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
abonosky wrote:
Here we go again.

soblue

Don't worry. I'm done

You mean Asmodee right?

Junk Art is from Pretzel Games, the part of F2Z that was not sold to Asmodee. That's why it still has a decent discount at the OLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltone wrote:

(So yeah, I know that it's been "agreed" that "back in stock" announcements are "okay" in the hot deals forum, but I think it's getting silly.

So you decided to add your own admittedly off topic post in this forum because it's not run the way you like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Race

Hudson
New York
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for posting OP - this is a deal to me as MSRP is $69.99

Buying a copy when I get paid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.