Fedor Syagin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very basic question.
Let's say we have systems with space dock and 3 destroyers in it. Flee supply is 3.
Can you build ship (carrier, flagship, something else even another destroyer) (production primary,secondary or just activating system) and then destroy one of the destroyers that's already in system to stay at supply limit of 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Not normally, no. You are not allowed to intentionally add ships to a system that is already at full capacity. (You may "unintentionally" do so, such as if you lose a Fleet Supply counter, though).

Normally you can only scrap your units intentionally during the Status Phase. However, if you get the "Transfabrication" tech, that allows you to scrap your ships prior to the Build Step, so with that tech you could do what you are wanting to try here (and even get a TG for it!) But without that tech, what you want to do is not possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FRM Vicious
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As sigma said it is usually not possible.

"A player may never move units, build units, or otherwise acquire units in
any system so that the number of ships herein (again, excluding Fighters) exceed the number of Command Counters in his Fleet Supply area." Base-Rulebook page 21

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Syagin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha. Good. So I wasn't wrong after all.
I remember it wasn't doable, but couldn't come up with good explanation why. Transfabrication is good way to illustrate it - thank you.

PS: Reason i was wondering is I realized Winnu taking production can really screw up people. Usually people start with 3 ships in supply at start and move at least something first and they play production. So unless you really slow you do get chance to free your supply so you can build your second carrier or whatever you might need

Winnu start with 2 ships worth of supply, so can play production as first action - to say take another carrier (no - not in any way efficient way, but will screw up anyone who goes after 4th strategy card.)

Was just trying to remember if anything could be done, but don't think it can be at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FRM Vicious
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love playing Production first round with the Naalu.

They start with 4GF, 4 Fighter, 1 Carrier and 1 Destroyer.
Their HS contains a 3/1 planet. So with Production, they can build for 5 resources another Carrier and 4Fighter (or 2 Fighter 2 GF) right off the bat.
And in the case of the Naalu it really is right off the bat, when no other player had a chance to move something out to create capacity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Stroom
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Embers of Muaat could also build something. And some races would really benefit from building Mechanized Units, especially when playing with Distant Suns tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
possum man
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
You are not allowed to intentionally add ships to a system that is already at full capacity.

It's worth adding to this that declaring a retreat into a full capacity system is allowed. You simply retreat all ships (after fighting their round of combat) and then destroy excess ships in the system of your choosing.
As far as I know that's the only was to 'intentionally' violate your fleet supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
possumman wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
You are not allowed to intentionally add ships to a system that is already at full capacity.

It's worth adding to this that declaring a retreat into a full capacity system is allowed. You simply retreat all ships (after fighting their round of combat) and then destroy excess ships in the system of your choosing.
As far as I know that's the only was to 'intentionally' violate your fleet supply.

Good point, I couldn't remember if that was allowed or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.