Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Laughlin
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We just got this game back out (1st Ed) and have played it all week. Interestingly, the person that goes first has not won a game. This might be statistics, or there may be a distinct first player disadvantage. I'm curious to know if this phenomenon was observed at all by others.

My thesis, at this point, is that the game is better played by "counter-punchers" -- players who concentrate on countering the play of their opponent. By going first, you open up the game with a move that can be countered, starting an advantage.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'll be curios to see what others think about this...sadly I never kept stats. Still love the game just haven't had it to the table recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
I know they aren't exactly the same, but, do people feel the same way about Battle Line/ST? I've played these more recently and sometimes I feel that going first is good and sometimes going first is bad. Like you say, sometimes you have good cards to react to the other player, but sometimes it can be good to press your dominance for one of the towns.

Hmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.