Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Terrain - List and Size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crimsonsun God
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
So I'm wondering if any one could list all the terrain found in Kingdom Death thus far with how many we get and its Dimensions?

Basically I hate card board terrain so will create (or buy) 3D versions of everything I can, trees, pillars, walls, bodies, stone faces, even grass (which is pretty easy really) and there's no reason I can't get started soon. Its strange because I'm not fussed about the hard plastic Board, to me while its likely going to be beautiful I'm not sure I'd ever bother to paint it as its going to be so low in my priority list, but 3d terrain for me personally is essential I find bits of card board dull at best and infuriating more often than not.

Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mad tulip
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is a component list.:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/122602/kingdom-death-part...

Size of each Square is 35mmx35mm iirc (maybe better google that).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zelasco
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crimsonsun wrote:
So I'm wondering if any one could list all the terrain found in Kingdom Death thus far with how many we get and its Dimensions?

Basically I hate card board terrain so will create (or buy) 3D versions of everything I can, trees, pillars, walls, bodies, stone faces, even grass (which is pretty easy really) and there's no reason I can't get started soon. Its strange because I'm not fussed about the hard plastic Board, to me while its likely going to be beautiful I'm not sure I'd ever bother to paint it as its going to be so low in my priority list, but 3d terrain for me personally is essential I find bits of card board dull at best and infuriating more often than not.

Thanks for your help.

This will get you almost all of them.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2136686
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimsonsun God
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
AmanuJaku wrote:
crimsonsun wrote:

Thanks for your help.

I'd love a 3D printer for so many reasons and those designs look fantastic but for me to invest I'd need a printer with a better resolution layering than I can pick up for the domestic market right now. Its a huge amount of investment so I'm not doing it without being able to have layers at 0.0007mm and the last time I checked they start at around 20k. I'd also require specific software for 3D that cut the hard work out and doesn't need a degree to utilise to create Minis. I do keep an eye on the market however.

Also if that Kit was available to buy printed I'd be interested that's for sure.

madtulip wrote:
Here is a component list.:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/122602/kingdom-death-part...

Size of each Square is 35mmx35mm iirc (maybe better google that).

Thanks that looks like the information I'd need. Nice one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kiyoshi
United States
California
flag msg tools
Go on Facebook and search Kingdom Death terrain. A group will pop up.

You're welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimsonsun God
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
JoeKiyoshi wrote:
Go on Facebook and search Kingdom Death terrain. A group will pop up.

You're welcome

Thanks, I had to use my mrs Facebook account to take a look as I don't have or want one but I'm def considering it. I'm not sure about shipping costs and if I'm going to be honest I think I'd like to have a crack at making them myself first as I'm looking forwards to it. They have a bit of a back log anyway so if things don't go as I'd like then I can put an order in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I believe in a thing called Death
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a seller on Etsy who makes fantastic 3D terrain if you do a search on there. They are solid stone and original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oeil danslabouche
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AmanuJaku wrote:
crimsonsun wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Is it playable ? How do you stand a miniature on this kind of terrain title ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Sebastien Fortin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
oeildanslabouche wrote:
AmanuJaku wrote:
crimsonsun wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Is it playable ? How do you stand a miniature on this kind of terrain title ?

You can only stand on the stone faces...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Sebastien Fortin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also made some hand sculpted terrain pieces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steelfencing wrote:

Very beautiful! May I ask what kind of material is used? Do you think air dried clay will work for boardgaming purpose? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zelasco
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crimsonsun wrote:
I'd love a 3D printer for so many reasons and those designs look fantastic but for me to invest I'd need a printer with a better resolution layering than I can pick up for the domestic market right now. Its a huge amount of investment so I'm not doing it without being able to have layers at 0.0007mm and the last time I checked they start at around 20k. I'd also require specific software for 3D that cut the hard work out and doesn't need a degree to utilise to create Minis. I do keep an eye on the market however.

Also if that Kit was available to buy printed I'd be interested that's for sure.

You can download the files from Thingverse and go to a printer service, such as Shapeways, and have them professionally printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Sebastien Fortin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sixpintsofbitter wrote:
Steelfencing wrote:

Very beautiful! May I ask what kind of material is used? Do you think air dried clay will work for boardgaming purpose? Thanks!

the pieces were sculpted in epoxy clay resin then molded and castes in polyester resin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Baker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Like a lot of you, I am waiting out delivery of 1.5 by starting work on some 3d terrain to replace the card in the core box.

So far I have:
-Citadel Woods for petrified trees adorned with Reaper vultures and Ristul's lanterns
-Citadel Arcane Ruins embellished with Army Painter Battlefields XP poison ivy

Any other suggestions or links welcome. Am really enjoying the project

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I believe in a thing called Death
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcaneLore74 wrote:
Like a lot of you, I am waiting out delivery of 1.5 by starting work on some 3d terrain to replace the card in the core box.

So far I have:
-Citadel Woods for petrified trees adorned with Reaper vultures and Ristul's lanterns
-Citadel Arcane Ruins embellished with Army Painter Battlefields XP poison ivy

Any other suggestions or links welcome. Am really enjoying the project

ArtBeyondDeath on etsy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.