Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Any update on OS2 shipping? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlton Moore
United States
California
flag msg tools
Is OS2 still on track for Q1 2017 arrival? I haven't heard anything for awhile, seems like we should be quite close now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
Considering that we're already in (fiscal) Q2, I wouldn't say that they're making the Q1 2017 arrival no...

Additionally, OS2 got split up. The first batch is off the boat and should be shipping soon (I think) but there's been no word which I'm aware of regarding the second batch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khift wrote:
Considering that we're already in (fiscal) Q2, I wouldn't say that they're making the Q1 2017 arrival no...

Additionally, OS2 got split up. The first batch is off the boat and should be shipping soon (I think) but there's been no word which I'm aware of regarding the second batch.
Yeah, it's getting into the "overdue for an update" category since the second batch was supposed to leave China right around now from what I remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Carroll
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Cthulhu Wars Homebrewers Unite!
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC the first wave hit Petersen Games' distribution center sometime late last week, and depending on how many pallets of things need to be unpacked, sorted, verified, boxed, and shipped back out, they may have begun sending them out midway through this week if their DC is working on literally nothing else.

If wave two shipped out of China on the 10th as scheduled, we're still almost a month away (no idea what province it shipped from; could be anywhere from 14 to 30 days based on my experience) from it hitting the US, and then it has to go through customs, which could be another week, and then through the same DC process that wave one is going through, putting us sometime in April/May, as PG has stated.

So yeah, be patient guys. This ain't Amazon Prime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Khift wrote:

Fiscal years start at various points depending on the entity you're referring to.
And given the audience that Q1 was said to (i.e. ordinary KS backers - more like the general population at large than accountants or taxmen) it's reasonable to assume that the most likely year is the calendar year - and we're still in Q1 of the 2017 calendar year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
art m
United States
monterey park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also waiting for mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very true.

The company I worked for just started their fiscal year at the beginning of April. And the previous company I worked for started their fiscal year in September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mortavius wrote:
Very true.

The company I worked for just started their fiscal year at the beginning of April. And the previous company I worked for started their fiscal year in September.

I used to do the business intelligence systems for a catalogue/distance-shopping company where my 1st question when someone said something like 'year-to-date business is up year on year' was 'which year are you referring to?'

There were different years for financial, marketing, merchandising and payroll (as that has to use the government's income tax year). And none of those were the calendar year. IIRC the staff holiday year was slightly different again...

It got worse when people talked about half-years, as merchandising and marketing had two halves of different lengths... iirc one was 28 weeks the other 24.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgementDave wrote:
Mortavius wrote:
Very true.

I used to do the business intelligence systems for a catalogue/distance-shopping company where my 1st question when someone said something like 'year-to-date business is up year on year' was 'which year are you referring to?'

There were different years for financial, marketing, merchandising and payroll (as that has to use the government's income tax year). And none of those were the calendar year. IIRC the staff holiday year was slightly different again...

It got worse when people talked about half-years, as merchandising and marketing had two halves of different lengths... iirc one was 28 weeks the other 24.

This is why I love bureaucracy. Complication for its own sake.

Because you know that the various reasons that calendars and timelines became complicated took a while to emerge. Each reason had a *very good* purpose at the time, and that purpose was usually probably in reaction to some previous decision, and so on.

Maybe in 25 years it will be common for big organizations to have a full dozen calendars to track, at least one starting and ending on every single month of the year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Maybe in 25 years it will be common for big organizations to have a full dozen calendars to track, at least one starting and ending on every single month of the year...

Sorry Arthur, but that's awfully simple when you can start your calendar on any day of the year, and even when 2 calendars start on the same day they won't necessarily have the same number of weeks/days in each month or quarter or half...

A dozen calendars hardly even scratches the surface of possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgementDave wrote:
existoid wrote:

Sorry Arthur, but that's awfully simple when you can start your calendar on any day of the year, and even when 2 calendars start on the same day they won't necessarily have the same number of weeks/days in each month or quarter or half...

A dozen calendars hardly even scratches the surface of possibility.

The only calendar we should use concerns...the stars and when they shall be RIGHT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel N
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great discussion. But what is the status of OS2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Gouveia
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gns000 wrote:
Great discussion. But what is the status of OS2?

We have news of Asian and Australian backers recieving packs last week. Also one Canadian backer told he received tracking number...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
art m
United States
monterey park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is middle of April and still no OS 2 pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Carroll
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
art m wrote:
It is middle of April and still no OS 2 pieces.

The last update I saw put us getting things around early May, so that doesn't surprise me. Asian backers are getting there's before us because they're closer to China. Last I heard, the last shipment had hit Seattle a day or so ago. It could take a while to sort and pack the thousands of pieces of OS2, so maybe they'll start shipping out next week. Depending on where you are in the US, that would put it coming to you the first or second week of May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
badge
I'm the best in space
mbmbmbmbmb
I late backed OS2 through CrowdOx, Is my stuff in this shipping wave for Europe or I have to wait a later one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm jonesin.

My aquarium needs a glow-in-the-dark Cthulhu in it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make sure you regularly inspect your fish for strange growths...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hover Harder
badge
You hoverin'?
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
Just make sure you regularly inspect your fish for strange growths...

Yes! ... such as legs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update just hit: OS2 is stuck at US customs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Carroll
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScoobyG wrote:

Let's cross our...I don't know, whatever kind of digits you have that this doesn't take too long. Maybe late May?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Lavoie
Canada
Les Cedres
QC
flag msg tools
Don't thread on me!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine, Canadian backers could have those stuck again in customs when crossing the US-CA border ... I guess I won't see my full pledge until OS3 starts.

At least the rest of the world is not affected by this small hiccup.

We need more videos from you guys in Asia!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ludek michera
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news for European bakers - Magelan has finally arrived to Hamburg port
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Adam
Canada
flag msg tools
Ugh....and its an intense exam which means stuff could go missing since they unpack and repack all 3 containers.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pr0xyWarrior wrote:
ScoobyG wrote:

Let's cross our...I don't know, whatever kind of digits you have that this doesn't take too long. Maybe late May?

Ugh, I'm moving at the end of May. This went very quickly from sheer excitement of planning a game day with all the new stuff... To sweating if I'll even get it before I move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.