Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Momentum effect Trump the Coup! effect during the Coup round. I feel it does as per 5.1.1. Specifically does the 'Blowtorch Komer' Momentum (which allows Pacification for 1 resource) trump the Coup! Nguyen Cao Ky text (which requires 4 resources per pacification level)

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, if Komer was played first then Ky's Coup cancels Komer's contributions.

In case two cards contradict each other, the card that is currently being played trumps the earlier card. While rule 5.1.2 only states this for Event cards, Volko has confirmed that it applies to the Coup texts as well.

(5.1.1 doesn't apply, since the Coup text isn't part of the rules.)

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Succinct as always! Thanks Oerjan. By the way, my brother Bruce is the designer for the upcoming COIN Gandhi, have you had a chance to poke at it at all?

Cheers,
Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not yet; too busy with other entries in the series. Hopefully someone will demo it at the Warehouse next month though; I'm very curious about the non-violent Factions.

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srmansfield wrote:
Succinct as always! Thanks Oerjan. By the way, my brother Bruce is the designer for the upcoming COIN Gandhi, have you had a chance to poke at it at all?

Cheers,
Scott

Let your brother know I'm REALLY looking forward to his game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chuck,
I will for sure! Playtesting is in full swing and the response has been just amazing. He's been a strategy gamer since he was in the sixth grade and this has been a dream of his for about that long.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.