Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Next Game: Volleyball High
badge
www.MedievaLords.com
mbmbmbmbmb
So there are so many crazy, awesome Rooms suggested by our backers! Here's the lot to vote upon - we are loving just about every single suggestion so we literally put them all in. And yes, we know the feeling~ There's so much to LOVE! So we will make this voting one where you can vote MULTIPLE TIMES for your favorite rooms (plural!)

Remember that if you do vote for every single room though, it's going to be kind of lame since you won't be pushing for the ones you really like. We strongly recommend each person to vote up to 2, or 3 at the very most. That way your decisions WILL make an impact on what you prefer.

This voting will stay open for 48 hours! And then let's get that ROOM made!

This is NOT all about just pure voting! If you really like a Room or two, go ahead and give your reasons why in this thread. We will also take those into deep consideration when making the Room!
Poll
Observatory Room - Huge telescope to peer into the stars
Treasure Vault - Room full of shiny gold coins and treasures
Library - Huge shelves of books & ladders, & a floating Rose in middle
Tea Party In Garden - Beautiful long table w/ strange foods in a garden
Torture Chamber - Chains and shackles and iron maidens
The Forge - A blacksmith's home where weapons are made for the castle
Alchemist's Lab - A lab with potions & strange liquids and ingredients
Trophy Room - Hunting trophies here, with one reserved for a Dragon
Baby Dragon's Cell - Baby dragon chained in a prison
Ballroom - Shiny floors and glamourous walls with a piano to boot!
Alternative Princess Room - Tiger slping, glowing lamp, floating carpet
Secret Chamber - A very dark chamber with almost no light and detail
Occult Room - A room related to demons! With a pentagram on the floor
Garderobe - A toilet extension/ store room for personal belongings
      96 answers
Poll created by Wanderer999

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Huang
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.MedievaLords.com
mbmbmbmbmb

I personally can already see how we can sneak in that 'banana shaped skull' into the trophy room, and I really love that idea of an empty space reserved for the dragon. Haven't thought of Room power yet.

I also love the Library idea, myself being a bookworm! Imagine all that long ladders that slide along the shelves... And that 'cute floating rose' in the middle, inside an upturned glass jar. No Room power yet too. But definitely the first one in the game to allow a Princess and a Knight in the same room. (without a king, yes the king has his own private library)

Lastly, I love the baby dragon cell. Why? Aren't you even a tiny weenie bit curious about how that great dragon on the box cover looks if it were a baby?? Room power for this is very obvious - once built, Turn 9 will have a guaranteed dragon attack on ALL players! Whee~!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenix Williams
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahahahaha no love for Princess Jasmine's room!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wanderer999 wrote:

I personally can already see how we can sneak in that 'banana shaped skull' into the trophy room, and I really love that idea of an empty space reserved for the dragon. Haven't thought of Room power yet.

I also love the Library idea, myself being a bookworm! Imagine all that long ladders that slide along the shelves... And that 'cute floating rose' in the middle, inside an upturned glass jar. No Room power yet too. But definitely the first one in the game to allow a Princess and a Knight in the same room. (without a king, yes the king has his own private library)

Lastly, I love the baby dragon cell. Why? Aren't you even a tiny weenie bit curious about how that great dragon on the box cover looks if it were a baby?? Room power for this is very obvious - once built, Turn 9 will have a guaranteed dragon attack on ALL players! Whee~!

Happy to see that both my suggestions being mentioned
Tho for the baby dragon cell, wouldn't it be more fitting if the player that build it have immunity to the turn 9 dragon attack? whistle

FenixW wrote:
Hahahahaha no love for Princess Jasmine's room!

Maybe it'll have more luck if the live adaptation of Aladdin comes out alongside the expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Huang
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.MedievaLords.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn 9 immunity for the owner of the Baby Dragon will be broken.

It is already very powerful as it is, to confirm a 3rd strike from the Dragon. It definitely won't be a strategy for all situations, but some play styles like focusing heavily on Offence will totally make this Baby Dragon move a really powerful one. I am pretty positive it will not change if it does get implemented - all players will take the hit together. The advantage of the owner is that he is the one who chose to do it.

I totally see how it would be a good strategy for a Princess focused player to buy out that room first and then keep it forever in his inventory simply to deny other players from pulling this off too. I believe there could be plenty of strats around these new rooms. Can't wait to see which will be the final Room that gets made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sien mordaunt
Singapore
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
We totally need a library as the first room! What sort of barbarian duke would we be without a library Plus, from ceiling to floor shelves of books, magnificent furnishings and rich paneling of the rooms, lush cushy sofas and luxurious curtains, perfect place for people to hang out in the afternoons when they're bored and have nothing to do!

Although I have to admit the Observatory, Alchemist Lab and Treasure Vaults are really nice too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Schmitter
Germany
Castrop-Rauxel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh yay, I would so love the Occult Room having the power of extra supernatural protection against the dragon.
and just curious, if you have a baby dragon room, will the dragon not be even more aggressive to get back to his child?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
percmadhatter wrote:
We totally need a library as the first room! What sort of barbarian duke would we be without a library Plus, from ceiling to floor shelves of books, magnificent furnishings and rich paneling of the rooms, lush cushy sofas and luxurious curtains, perfect place for people to hang out in the afternoons when they're bored and have nothing to do!

The sort of barbarian duke that throws princesses just so he can save on furnishing cost... oh wait whistle

While I agree that a library lavished with books & sofas' a good place to spend a quiet afternoon, it's faaaaar too common a place for a duke wishing to attract kings.

But a BABY DRAGON?? Now THAT'S something you build a dedicated chamber to show off! Sure you could build a prison with chains for safety, but how about a grand hall huge enough for the dragon to soar around,filled with lavish curtains & shiny armory, with a hoard of the finest treasury in the centre as the dragon's nest. You could even have a feeding platform for guests to throw chunks of meat at the beast, or have an artist draw portraits as the guests stand majestically with the dragon by their side, like a medieval selfie

Sure there's a risk of it growing up to resent you and all surrounding castles, but look at how cute & cuddly it is! Plus you get the awesome title of "Duke Dragonis", and have all your rival dukes & duchesses be green with envy... or blood red as the dragon attacks their fort while you invite the best knights in town to yours devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Huang
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.MedievaLords.com
mbmbmbmbmb
mrequecky wrote:
oh yay, I would so love the Occult Room having the power of extra supernatural protection against the dragon.
and just curious, if you have a baby dragon room, will the dragon not be even more aggressive to get back to his child?

Hey Anna, yes you are spot on! This room grants NO attribute bonus at all. But it does cause the dragon to have a guaranteed attack against ALL players on turn 9. In a normal game, turn 9 usually has a small chance of the dragon attacking a 3rd and final time, but building this changes that into a 100% chance of happening. This can be a very strategic room if you know how to use it, such as if you are in a very Offensive position and the Dragon would hurt others far more than you. Also, if you are a Comfort style castle, I can totally see how you would buy that off the track just to keep it and never build it, denying the Offence players this strategy!
genesyx wrote:

The sort of barbarian duke that throws princesses just so he can save on furnishing cost... oh wait whistle

THIS TOTALLY CRACKED ME UP!

But sorry Genesyx! The Baby Dragon Cell is nothing like what you described! It takes all their power to contain the majestic beast as it is, and you should expect to see balls and chains. And no, it doesn't have free reign to fly all over a great hall. It isn't tamed, and never will be. It doesn't belong to you as the owner of the room too. In fact, its special room power of triggering a 3rd and final dragon attack will also affect you as the owner. No one is safe.

Anyway!!!

Seems like we got our room! The Baby Dragon Cell! Seems that the Library was pretty darn close, followed by an Observatory Tower. Perhaps we could push to get that Library too as another future room goal. Let's see how it goes~ As it is now, there are other stretch goals that are really worth more than another room (which we already have plenty!)

P.S: This result was gotten from the official closure time of the poll, so the Rooms might look a little different in ranking since more than 48 hours passed, but we stuck to keeping to the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.