Subject: How do I go about selling this or trading? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game didn't live up to my expectations. The concept looked interesting. The RPG aspects of gaining better version of the same cards is very intriguing. The downside for me is not the gameplay or the theme. It's how much you have to set-up the game is what made me dislike it. I've read threads on the best way to sort them yet it seems more work than necessary. When set-up takes longer than actually playing the game that's frustrating(Exaggeration yes)

AH:LCG has lots of praise. I'll lick my wounds and do a better job researching the game. I've tried to get back into this past week and again, setting up the game with starting cards for the investigators/encounter decks slows it down for me.

In the end perhaps I'm being picky or the game didn't grab me as much as I thought it would. I have Eldritch Horror and Elder Signs and considering they have just about the same set-up time, it doesn't bother me as much.

What's the best way to sell or trade the game. I also have Sentinels of the multiverse Villains Expansion (shrink wrapped)that I accidently ordered 2 copies of and never had a chance to return it. House got flooded back in January and completely forgot I had 2 copies of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Geek Market here is an excellent starting point. Also, I've had a lot of great transactions - buying, trading and selling - on the Facebook group The Boardgame Group, Buy, Sell, Trade: https://www.facebook.com/groups/801723529913743/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly why I won't buy or play A Feast for Odin....too much wasted time setting it up.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I like the story, the different decks, the "exploration" of the house (only played scenario 1, twice) but looking ahead at future plays just looks daunting and un-fun.
Good luck with your sale!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious to see responses to this question. I am on the fence right now and trying to decide whether to keep going or to sell off what I have and move on. Part of my items are unopened since I became ambivalent early on. So I am subscribed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Lake Elsinore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it takes me around 5 mins to set up the play area and construct the encounter deck, which doesn't seem like that much time for any analog game. Certainly far less than any other AH game. Building new decks might tske a while longer as you work out strategy, but that is part of any customizable card game.

That being said, seeing how short in supply and how much demand this game has, offloading your copies should be a sinch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Exactly why I won't buy or play A Feast for Odin....too much wasted time setting it up.

whistle

Ironically Feast for Odin is a better game in my book. The different ways to tackle the game is enough to warrant playing the game even with the set-up time. In fact it plays pretty quick as a solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to be doing something wrong. The setup is like 5 minutes absolute tops. Stick the damage / horror / resource / clue tokens in a small plano-type box (<$5).

Cut some card up into dividers and label them appropriately. See the many Files section ideas on here already.

Read whatever scenario you're doing. Grab everything with those icons.

Shuffle the encounter deck, and the player decks. Draw up to 5 cards, do your mulligans.

GO.

Luckily everyone always wants more core boxes for this game so you should be able to easily sell that. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.