Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Rehker
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the wooden insert by meeple realty be part of the upcoming reprint kickstarter?

I have just been to their store and calculated 59$ for the insert, 53!!!$ for shipping +20% import fees.

Thats more than I paid for the game...

I can perfectly understand if isaac has enough on his plate with the reprint already but I think there are a lot of us filthy europeans highly interested in this insert. Can we find an affordable solution here?

If you are with me, please support this post thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I smell a stretch goal add-on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassio Santos Pereira
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1000000000!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
kzinti wrote:
I smell a stretch goal add-on...

Hopefully not a stretch goal since I just bought one. Right now at Meeple Realty if you spend over $100 there's a $10 off coupon available.

It would be a good add-on for the KS if they can work it with Meeple Realty. That would probably save some shipping $$$ for folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, as much as I love inserts for games, I think the inserts for GH are all bad, with my primary criteria of making setup super fast. My system doesn't look very good at all, but man does it ever work well.

What I did so far to help:

*Baggies for individual monsters (or ones that share a deck). Include monster standies, ability cards, and large monster cards. Yes you've gotta sift through a few handfuls of baggies, which some people may dislike, but that's a 60 second job if you've got the table space. No searching through 3 separate locations for each of these, which was really painful.

*Each party uses an MTG style deckbox for all of their character sheets, ability cards, and item cards. Even more useful if you have multiple parties. Their 4 attack decks, plus the monster attack deck,simply go at the bottom of the box in the existing insert.

*I've gotten a couple GMT counter trays for the rest of the various bits and bobs. There are a lot of status tokens, so separating these as best as possible saves time in set up, AND saves time during the game itself. As such, flow is retained a little bit more whenever there's a summon, status effect, or trap.

*All damage is tracked with 12mm red d6 dice(smaller than regular), and I use blue d10s for experience. I personally find changing the side of a die or two much faster and cleaner than adding and removing HP tokens. And obviously, the player board counters don't work super well. So I went with dice. I'd like to find smaller red d10s for the job though, instead of d6s.

*For he map tiles, I was going to put them in a file folder, and may still, but I find that I'm getting much faster at finding the right shapes first, then looking for the letter\number.

*Lastly, most of the rest is just cards, which I use the existing inserts for. Works great as is.

Probably doesn't much answer your question if you're keen on a custom insert. But if you're really after streamlining play, I'd avoid that whole angle altogether and give some of these a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see this happening. Meeple Realty creating and shipping inserts is a completely separate process from printing and shipping the game. Any steps they take to reduce their shipping costs to the EU (possibly with a bulk freight shipment to a EU fulfillment center) is entirely up to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's first wait for the Brokentoken insert. Brokentoken inserts are sold at Spiele-offensive.de.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
Australia
Sunshine Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
100% in agreement b/c us Aussies also pay through the arse for postage usually.

Edit: okay, what Isaac said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Rehker
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
I don't see this happening. Meeple Realty creating and shipping inserts is a completely separate process from printing and shipping the game. Any steps they take to reduce their shipping costs to the EU (possibly with a bulk freight shipment to a EU fulfillment center) is entirely up to them.

Thanks for your quick response isaac It is a pity, but I can understand your point and appreciate your transparency. Keep up the good work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Courtemanche
Canada
Bois-des-filion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vedarta wrote:
+1000000000!!!!!!!

Well, Boardgamebliss.com has the Meeple Realty stuff, it's probably gonna be cheaper to get it shipped from Ontario.

They should get the GH ones soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassio Santos Pereira
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
datajack wrote:
Vedarta wrote:
+1000000000!!!!!!!

Well, Boardgamebliss.com has the Meeple Realty stuff, it's probably gonna be cheaper to get it shipped from Ontario.

They should get the GH ones soon.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.