Travis Weaver
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
My buddy and I are in a the Hoth campaign and we have lost the first three missions we've played. Crazy, I know, considering this expansion is suppose to favor the Rebs. Our squad is Mak, Biv, Gideon, and MDH (we call him Botts).

That all being said, we believe our next mission, a side one, is Means of Production. Any strategies to taking the Imperials down. Also our next one after that is Return to Echo Base, suggestions there as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott McKay
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
Should move this to the strategy forum for that game, but I don't know how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Gamer wrote:
Should move this to the strategy forum for that game, but I don't know how.
Hit the red X button next to the thread subject and select "wrong forum", this will alert mods with the ability to move it to the right forum.

As for the original post; I'd help if I could, but have never played the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Weaver
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Part of my question is about Hoth. I realize that Means of Production is a original campaign mission. I placed this in Hoth's game title because this is the main campaign we're playing. We are using the side missions from both the original and Hoth's campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
See also the duplicate thread Tips on stopping the Imperials

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Joneleit
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are also playing "Return to Hoth" currently.

And surprisngly we are playing with that exact team laugh

From 5 missions the rebs lost 4!! And the one that we won was really close to be a failure also.

Maybe the combination of characters is just terrible?
We discussed every mission after we played, but we did not find any bigger strategic mistakes where we could behave different. We wonder very much how it can be that the campaign shall be more in favor for the rebs.
And actually the team moral also gets down now because it is just not fun always to loose.

The next mission for us is also "return to echo base".
So if anyone has a good advice, especially for this group of characters i would appreciate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
My advice would be to focus on crates. whistle

I've played through the Hoth campaign twice, on different sides of the table, and Return to Echo Base is probably the most difficult mission for the rebels in the campaign. If you've already been losing, you are going to have a hard time. Without giving spoilers away, I can only say to try and keep moving forward towards the mission goals. There is no strict time limit, but don't mistake that for having as long as you want.

Seriously, remember that if a mission looks nigh on impossible as you work through it, consider just going to crates instead so that you don't leave empty handed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Joneleit
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the mission yesterday and to make it short ... the rebs won
It was a desaster for the imperial player, he did not even had a chance, but we also had a lot of luck with the dice, so we finished the mission at the beginning of round 4.

So here are my spoiler free tips:
Focus on the objective! Nothing else!
The MHD-19 has fuel injection in our group, and that helped a lot! If you have any other character with 5 movement, use him!
Don't focus on fighting. Only when necessary for better movement.
"Stun" was helpful in this mission.

And here some tips with spoilers:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
there are two terminals, that have to be activated. We decided to go for the objective and ignore the crates. So first action was with Gideon and he moved MHD into the direction of one terminal and stun the near wampa. So the MHD was able in the first round to activate one terminal already (he had really luck with the dice). Mak and Biv went to the other side and Mak was able to activate the second terminal in round two (also luck with the dice). Now we knew the final objective MHD moved fast (thanks to "fuel injection") to the last terminal before the imperial player was able to block it (very important to prevent that). And with one dice roll made 5 damage. The others just moved into the direction and finally we also collected one crate just because we felt save enough to do so. Well ... actually it was not so easy to make the last 5 damage but we had enough actions and 3 players were around the lst terminal. One player (Mak) was left in one corner of the map to heal and make sure the imperial player can not reach his objective!

Well ... overall a fast mission. We were very surprised that we won, especially so fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.