Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Dortch
United States
Sparta
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have gotten out of this game but am looking to get back in. And is it just me or is it more costly now to get the core set? There used to be core set lots on eBay where I could pick up a couple for a decent price. Or spend about $30 on Amazon. Cheapest on Amazon new is over $50 and they cost even more on eBay now. $50+ for one core set!

I been out a while though so this might be due to an FFG re-print of the core set. Am I right on that? Or is it just more expensive to get into this game now? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well at FF games they list at $39.95 US, so with shipping it could come close to $50.00.
Here is link to FF product site for LotR LCG Card game:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/the-lord-of-t...
Out of stocks are usually in some state of reprint, I wouldn't pay more than retail, your local game store can probably order for you cheaper than Ebay prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
20+ in stock at CSI for $33.99 each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sweeney
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The two big issues are -

1. FFG is now part of Asmodee, who has a policy disallowing most brick & mortar stores from selling product online. This means there are less people selling on Amazon, a common place the smaller sellers often posted their stuff.

2. Until recently, the core game was out of stock at most distributors, which caused the less expensive stock that might have been floating around to dry up, and famine pricing to kick in.

It's all good, though; the core set reprint came in pretty recently. As posted above, there are still online retailers that still have the game at their own website, and your LGS (if you have one) should be able to special order a copy for you (FFGMEC01) at MSRP of $39.99.

Some of the expansions are out of stock, but it's probably better to wait for the reprint (check here - https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/) than pay $30-50 for 60 cards that retail for $15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximo Jack
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I recently purchased the core set from Cardhaus. About $40 with shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.