Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Baskir
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems a bit inelegant to require dice in this game, but it bothers me that the Biohazard face of the die serves no function, other than the fact that it is a 6 (which you need to read through the examples to learn for certain.) How about the following change for determining player order:

If two or more players play a viral card with equivalent strength, then each rolls two dice. The player to go first is the one to roll the most Biohazards, or if equal numbers are rolled then the player having the highest strength (determined by sum of other dice and virulence cards) goes first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna Rusch
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Personally, it doesn't really bother me that the biohazard symbol has no added meaning beyond having a value of "6". I think they just wanted to add some more theme into the game.

Have you tried the alternative method you suggested? It seems like it wouldn't actually change the outcome that often. Since the biohazard symbol is worth "6", the person who rolls the most biohazards will usually have the higher total value among their dice anyway. There will certainly be some exceptions, like if one player rolls a biohazard and a "1", while the other player rolls two "5"s. In that case, the first player would get to pick their card first even though they have a lower total value among their dice. Additionally, obtaining "increased virulence" cards would be much less valuable in this variant (since they would be rendered useless if your opponent rolls more biohazards than you). I guess I just don't see the point of making this change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.