Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb Ludrick
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I tried to play this a while ago and got bogged down and had to stop after 3 hours, and was only halfway through at that point. When I pull it out again, I'll be playing with a new player. I was thinking of both of us following the annotated example for the first two turns, and then jumping in on turn 3 and continuing on our own. Would this work, or does the example favor one side or the other too much, or create/set up one side for weird scenarios? Figured that would be a nice way to ease both of us into the first game. And of course I'll have the UH rules summaries as well.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a great idea. The annotated example is quite balanced (as evidenced by the ending) and represents a fairly typical game IIRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Ludrick
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dworkin
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive the naivety....but where would I find 'the annotated example" ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MHDworkin wrote:
Forgive the naivety....but where would I find 'the annotated example" ?

Here you go. It's a great read: Fully Annotated Example of Play (War of the Ring 2 ed.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dworkin
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
merci bien beaucoup; it looks wonderful..im looping forward to using it next weekend as I introduce two gaming friends to first play of WOTR....an initiation the Anniversary Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.