United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Squad with an MMG and 8-1 Leader. The Leader directed Prep Fire obtains PTC and the MMG retains ROF (rolling a 2 on the red die). I'm assuming the Leader cannot direct another Prep Fire attack with the MMG only, but if the MMG by itself rolls doubles, does the Leader negate that Cowering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The pirate's life for me!
United States
flag msg tools
pineapples are in my head
badge
"There is a Heppy Land Furfur A-waay"
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
I have a Squad with an MMG and 8-1 Leader. The Leader directed Prep Fire obtains PTC and the MMG retains ROF (rolling a 2 on the red die). I'm assuming the Leader cannot direct another Prep Fire attack with the MMG only,

But it can! Once the leader commits to directing a fire attack, you can think of it as remaining "attached" to those units. And that includes machine guns. The MG can fire again, with leader direction.

Maybe someone with an SK rulebook can quote the relevant rules section?

Fly by Night wrote:
but if the MMG by itself rolls doubles, does the Leader negate that Cowering?

So of course the leader's direction would negate cowering, as before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Viney
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1.2.1 Single-Man Counter (SMC)

Page 2 - Top of 3rd column

"may use his leadership modifier (even if 0 or +1) more than once in the same phase only to attempt to rally more than one unit in a RPh, to direct ROF and/or Defensive Fire attacks, and to assist units with a MC."

Emphasis mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-L├ęgier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
The only restriction is that you cannot add new elements to the FG that the leader directed.
But the leader can go on directing the fire of part of the units of the initial FG that he directed - in PFPh/DFPh typically MGs who kept ROF, but when SFF/FPF, the MMC of a Defensive First Firing FG that he previously directed too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.