Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik B
Germany
München
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everoyne (who is desperately looking for a copy of this game),

so with the recent availability of the miniatures at Spielematerial.de I also started to make my own copy.

First off, I am not a pro in making my own games (not yet), but I took a lot of effort to get something that looks and feels like the original one and that with the use of normal tools like a cutter and scissors (yeah).

For the original files I used a copy of the game of one of my friends who were lucky to buy it when it was still available.

How did I do it:

- Miniatures = bought from Spielematerial.de
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1733520/spielematerial-...

- Cards = I used 250g photopaper + 128g selfglueing labels for the backs. It is only a tiny bit thicker than original cards.
Cutted out the Cards, for the edges I used scissors.

- Hexes, Leader Boards and Bits - 2mm Cardboard + the 128g selfgluing label for both sides of the cardboard. The Leaderboards insides were made with a cutter and a lot of time.

Price: For the miniatures and raw material, 40-50 €.
Time: It took me about 24 hours or more work time, but i had to scan the original cards, hexes and leader boards. Prepare the print files, print the files, cut everthing out and so on.

Card Comparison Leader Cards:

Left original, right my version

Card Comparison Action Cards:

I know, you will notice the difference...

...but with sleeves it will look better

Card Comparison Event Cards:

Sleeved between originals

Card Comparison Objective Cards:

Sleeved between originals

Comparison Leader Boards:

Right original, left my version
I painted the inner and outer edges with a black marker to give it a more surpreme look. Also due to the cutouts, it looked a bit worn out.

Comparison Hexes:

Right original, left my version

Comparison Bits:

There a bit brighter, but have the same weight + feel like the originals.

The whole game:

So... tl:dr
Is it worth it? Yes, definitely.

So i copied everything except the pirate stickers, but who needs them? Who would put them on the orignal stuff, right?

Have Fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thread you mentioned for the miniatures on page one, at the bottom (The last post) you can also see my PnP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This amount of work almost certainly means that a reprint will be announced any day now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik B
Germany
München
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, well, I hope this puts some pressure on z-man / asmodee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I put the pirate stickers on the tiles the day I got the expansion. No regrets! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
I put the pirate stickers on the tiles the day I got the expansion. No regrets! arrrh

I'd be tempted to put pirate stickers all over this copy... devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hrvoje Roncevic
Croatia
Zagreb
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great!
I have to try to make one too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Raedwulf
Canada
courtenay
B.C
flag msg tools
mb
This is awesome! I don't feel there will ever be a reprint of this game. Zman has been ignoring and pushing aside questions about a reprint of this expansion. So I would like to know where you get the images for the map tiles and cards. I have already ordered the minis now I just need to get the map and cards together . Any help would be great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Danville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome work! I just started planning out my DIY. Just wondering exactly what you used for the tiles/aids. You said 2mm cardboard, but is this something you bought somewhere? What brand of selfgluing labels did you use, your cards and tiles came out very well in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Pietrzak
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik, I've sent You a private message. Is there anybody who has any scans of the CoC Civilizations starting tiles and cardbacks? It would be great if someone can send me them. Please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oli Hutt
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
I second this sentiment! I'd love to get any scans of the tiles and cards if anyone could help; it looks like making my own set is the only way I'll ever get to play the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicente Martínez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Is there any way to get the images for the starting tiles? I have my own version almost finished, the only thing left are those tiles.

If anyone has any information / clear images about them, I would be very grateful.

Greeting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.