War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gandalf becoming the guide - draw event card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paranoid Seer
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strider is guiding the fellowship. I play we prove the swifter using an event die to separate him from the fellowship. Gandalf becomes the guide. Does Gandalf' guide power trigger to enable me to draw a new event card?

I've seen some other threads on what "immediately" means, but there seems to be some confusion as to whether it means the power is triggered when the card is played (in which case it doesn't happen as strider is still the guide) or when the card action completes (in which case it would seem it does, as by then, gandalf is the guide).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrfan wrote:
Strider is guiding the fellowship. I play we prove the swifter to separate him from the fellowship. Gandalf becomes the guide. Does Gandalf' guide power trigger to enable me to draw a new event card?

I've seen some other threads on what "immediately" means, but there seems to be some confusion as to whether it means the power is triggered when the card is played (in which case it doesn't happen as strider is still the guide) or when the card action completes (in which case it would seem it does, as by then, gandalf is the guide).

an excellent question, but in this scenario i would think that gandalf's ability would not work since the card was played while strider was the guide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was recently a discussion about this exact topic. Gandalf's ability is based on who the guide is at the end of the action. So in your scenario you would get an extra card.

See here:
Re: When exactly does Gandalf's guide ability kick in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paranoid Seer
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I thought I'd seen something but then couldn't find it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.