Subject: Any News from GF9 out of GAMA? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dusty 27
Canada
Grande Prairie
flag msg tools
mb
I looked through the dice tower segments and couldn't find them.

Did they not go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall seeing a summary here on BGG in one of the ST:A related threads that late Q1 or Q2 2017 is estimated. So, no news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't see any news from them from GAMA, but there was talk about the upcoming Borg expansion from a previous show. That's the latest news that I've seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Provisor

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
mbmb
Asked them for an update on 3/15/17, they said "no we are not being told they have been completed yet, we are flying a manager to get to the bottom of what is going on."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon David
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didnt see GF9 at GAMA. I don't recall seeing them in the schedule at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MATTPROV3 wrote:
Asked them for an update on 3/15/17, they said "no we are not being told they have been completed yet, we are flying a manager to get to the bottom of what is going on."

That sounds really bad, like they have no idea what's going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, that doesn't sound good. I hear this issue all the time. If I ever win the lottery I'm going to start a stateside game manufacturering company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hardy
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
I had exactly the same thought! And use more durable materials. The odds of this happening have just doubled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agntorenge wrote:
Yeah, that doesn't sound good. I hear this issue all the time. If I ever win the lottery I'm going to start a stateside game manufacturering company.

But can you pay your US employees Chinese wages?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
No. I would also not have to ship things across the planet with non comfirmable delivery dates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing on Star Trek Ascendancy or the release of the expansions. Sorry, although everyone here agrees that it is Long Overdue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
San Dee Jota wrote:
agntorenge wrote:

It isn't necessarily the wages, but the mandatory coverage and regulation compliance that often add up to make US the most expensive place to manufacture in the world. Many manufacturing laborers only get paid minimum wage, it is everything else that comes with it that makes US manufacturing more than the $5-$15 an hour for 40 hours a week that becomes so expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
That's why most us manufacturers are turning to automation. I'm not saying it would be the cheapest option. But, I think quality and dependability are worth far more then people think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marinealver wrote:
San Dee Jota wrote:
agntorenge wrote:

It isn't necessarily the wages, but the mandatory coverage and regulation compliance that often add up to make US the most expensive place to manufacture in the world. Many manufacturing laborers only get paid minimum wage, it is everything else that comes with it that makes US manufacturing more than the $5-$15 an hour for 40 hours a week that becomes so expensive.

A lit if factory workers get minimum wage in the US, but then again, even that is 4x or more what the Chinese workers get. Figure thats per employee too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.