Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The text on this obstacle reads "ALL Investigate cards are –1 Clue."

Most investigate cards have something like "3 CLUES" in the arched green box. Clearly this is a number of clues and should be reduced by one. No problem. Well - no problem understanding it.

Harry has a card called "Consult with Bob" where the relevant arched green box contains "* CLUES". This is not a number of clues. What the asterisk means is that you should follow the text instead. The text says "* Add 2 Clues to ALL Cases in 1 row."

I would love to be able to interpret the interaction of these two cards as follows: The –1 Clue adjustment is applied to the number in the arched green box. There is no number in the arched green box. Hence the obstacle has no effect. Instead I simply implement the asterisked text and place 2 Clues on all Cases in 1 row.

Can I get away with this interpretation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Note - This question has been answered in another thread.

When an obstacle effect reduces the number of clues added by investigations or hits added by attacks, it effects every card targeted by any investigation or attack. So consult with Bob would add one less hit to every investigation targeted by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game does fit the "grim rule" idea quite well In any ambiguity, ask yourself "What would be worst for me?". The answer is most often the rule you need to follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.